Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Aug 29, 2007, 5:25 PM   #11

There's a fella named Mark Rogers that is an amateur photographer like most of us that ran into the same problem with frames. You can print a 13x19 photo but you can't frame it. So he started his own frame company and has excellent frames at awesome prices. They are wonderful people to deal with. On my first order I missed the frame hanging kits, so I called them on the phone and a live person answered immediately. She understood my dilemma perfectly and sent me the the hanging kits for free including postage!!

They have many styles and materials to choose from and are available in sizes that are matched nowhere on tthe web. No I do not work for them but would if I could.

Art

http://www.framedestination.com/
ArtSzabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:07 AM   #12

walter

i looked into getting one but can get24x36 print for less than£10 so didnt bother as ink is very expesive for them and a roll of paper isnt cheap either

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:13 AM   #13

[align=left]Depends where you go Gary. I have the Hp 130nr which takes a roll of 24" paper and I get the inks refiled at carteidge world for a £10 a cartridge.

You are looking at about 50 prints at 24" x 36" depending on the quality and a roll of gloss 24" x 30m is £30. So it's not that expensive especially when your making money of the prints.

Sell a couple of prints and you've made your money back for the paper and the ink. The bigest outlay was the printer at £1234.56 including VAT.

I've just started doing canvas which is a bit more expensive but if you sell about 4 you've made your money back for the roll of canvas and the inks.

I also priced up a cis kit for the 130nr and its going to cost about £120 but after that a liter of ink is only £10 a bottle. So you way up the cost.

Neil......

[/align]
Neil Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 2:50 PM   #14

mm may chat to u more about that in future mate

i am happy with prices i pay at moment as i dont do nothing and make enough profit

its the outlay of the money at moment thats hard to do....but may well get one eventualy

Gary

Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote