Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Apr 7, 2007, 2:29 PM   #1

I just ordered the R2400. However, as I mainly produce high gloss color portraits, I am concerned that the 1800 may actually produce better high gloss color photos. Any experiences/reaction?
PaulPuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2007, 2:55 PM   #2

That is a tough decision, and have agonized over this myself. The 1800 comes with the Gloss Optimizer, but the 2400 has the K3 inks. One probably can't go wrong either way. If you intend to print on CD/DVD's the 1800 includes the carrier.
jmanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2007, 7:52 AM   #3

I don't have both to be able to make a comparison, but my research led me to understand the 2400 had a considerable advantage in B/W printing, but nothing indicating the 1800 was superior for color. That said, the R1800 produces absolutely stunning results on Premium Glossy. They have the look of wet process prints, but to me the level of detail is higher. Maybe it is just in comparison, but matte prints tend to lack the 'pop' from the 1800.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 7:58 AM   #4

My 1800 came in last night and the first thing I did was try black and white, that's about 60% of what I print. At first I was not impressed but after some test's and changing of settings I was very impressed. I'm very satisfied with the purchase. Learn the settings and you will have black and white prints that look fantastic.
scootnshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 9:55 AM   #5

The 1800 will have some pop on glossy finish papers that you just won't get with the 2400. The 2400 will get you a better B&W. You and scootnshoot should swap.
smitbret is offline   Reply With Quote