Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Jul 1, 2007, 11:37 AM   #1

I've had my i9900 for quite a while and I'm still very impressed. Now I want to do some borderless 8 x 10 and 11 x 14 prints but it seems like it's not possible. Those paper sizes are only available if you set the paper size to "Custom" but then borderless prints aren't possible in the custom mode. I bought the best printer at the time and now I see how liittle it can do.

I am able to do bordless 8 x 10 if I print to 8.5 x 11 paper and cut the blank edges off. It's a pain and there must be a better way. I found some other posts about this from 2004 and am hoping by now someone has another way to get around this.

Thanks
proton777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2007, 8:38 AM   #2

:|Hi I`ve had my i9950 (UK) model of the i9900 for over 3 years now and it is fantastic.

Re your problem. On the page setup page of the printing preferences check the borderless printing button. Thats all there is to it.

Cheers

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2007, 9:07 AM   #3

proton777 wrote:
Quote:
I am able to do bordless 8 x 10 if I print to 8.5 x 11 paper and cut the blank edges off.
The problem is that the printer is only set up to accept the overspray at certain positions (see http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=161). It won't allow you to do borderless printing at other positions.
grandad35 is offline   Reply With Quote