Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Sep 17, 2007, 1:00 AM   #1

Hi all,

I have just purshased a HP 8750 printer and so far i'm pretty happy with it. I have a couple if problems though.

The biggest problem I have is after printing (on glossy paper only for some reason) there is often streaking or roller marks running down the page?! I did a quick print A4 size on the A3 satin paper it comes with and didn't see that problem at all.

Also, I brought some high gloss Kodak and canon paper but can't find any ICC profiles on the web to use?

Any helpful advise would be great J

josefern is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2007, 1:40 AM   #2

[align=left]Hi josefern.

I have HP 130nr which prints upto A1 size and I had the same problem with the streaks until I speeded the drtying time up in the printer. The printer run slower but you don't get any marks but it's mainly on gloss that I got the marks anyway.

The other problem with the paper is that Hp will only do ICC for their paper and not other makes. They say I can damage the printer using other makes of paper and ink's. The only way arouind this is to get some ICC profiles done for that paper. Their are loads of companys on the net that will do a ICC profile for you.

All you do is load their test print and print it out sent it to them and they will send you a ICC profile for that paper and ink you are using at the time. if you change your Ink's or paper you need a new profile. It's a fart on but worth it.......

:angry:
[/align]
Neil Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote