Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Jun 17, 2008, 2:17 PM   #1

I'm interested in buying this printer, but what about refilling those cartridges and can the chips be resetted to full ink level as well ? I found there is a resetter for the cartridges called YXD368-II and this should be able to reset the T580 series of cartridges and the waste ink tank chip as well. But when I contact the companies who obviously are selling this resetter, they are saying it cannot......

How are the T580 cartridges built ? If heard that the carts are pressurized to feed the ink. Is this a problem or is the pressure done by the printer itself ? I have seen how the Epson Pro 4000 cartridges are refilled on youtube by just injecting ink into the ink outlet and then resetting the chip to full ink level.
pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2008, 7:50 PM   #2

Just an FYI

Bescause of the pressurized cartridge design, currently the3rd party inksfor the 3800 only works with a continuous inkflow system (CIS). Which means that there are no refillable cartridges for this printer yet.

I am testing InkRepublic 3800 Continuous ink system now, so far all the ink levels and waste ink level can be reset easily.

I have10 test shot prints using InkRepublic 3800 inks and Epson ink on Epson papers.All of them are placed on the window facing southeast for2 weeksnow andI can not tell the differece between them so far as fading go between the two sets.

I have beenquizzing my daughter and wife about the differences between them (InkRepublic's and Epson's inks on epson papers), they could not tell which one is from which, in fact, neither did I. I must put a notes on the back to indicate which inkset. InkRepublic's 3800 inks & Epons's 3800 inks have identical colors.

I will post my completed report on this and others later.

All the best

Willam

williamlymperis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 2:18 PM   #3

Hi William,

Can you tell me how to reset the ink waste tank ? Can you tell me the exact product code of the resetter or do you have to install special ARC-chips ? I'm looking for an apropiate resetter for the chips on the cartridges and especially for the ink waste tank.

On alibaba.com there are wholesalers selling special refillable cartridges for the Epson Pro 3800 and the pressurized cartridge design: is there some kind of gas inside it or is the pressure done via an special valve and the pressure is done by the printer itself ?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 1:14 AM   #4

pharmacist wrote:
Quote:
Hi William,

Can you tell me how to reset the ink waste tank ? Can you tell me the exact product code of the resetter or do you have to install special ARC-chips ? I'm looking for an apropiate resetter for the chips on the cartridges and especially for the ink waste tank.

On alibaba.com there are wholesalers selling special refillable cartridges for the Epson Pro 3800 and the pressurized cartridge design: is there some kind of gas inside it or is the pressure done via an special valve and the pressure is done by the printer itself ?
product code? I dont know if I understand you correctly?

The product code for my InkRepublic Pro 3800 CIS is Pro3800-P & here is the product link

http://www.inkrepublic.com/3800.asp

To reset the ink level and waste ink tank, it wont take you more than 5 seconds, just release all cartridges and waste ink tank, then put them back. Booom... everything will be reset and it wont trigger any cleaning. pretty neat, isnt it?

I dont know about the pressurized cartridges on alibaba.com, but as for a very expensive printer, I would like to stick with some reputable system and some reputable inks from a reputable source, that's why I chose InkRepublic's. So far, All the prints are exactly the same as on the monitor, no clogs so far not even one. I'm extremely happy with this 3800 cis. Now I feel I can print all I want without
worrying about my budge!
williamlymperis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2008, 7:55 PM   #5

I would be ware of this company. I have tried since early June to get information about the 3800 CIS. No phone number and rarely an email response. They were advertising it as available prior to when they could actually ship it. Finally last Tuesday I ordered the cis without ink because I could only find it from these guys. I ordered ink from InkSupply.com the same day. The ink arrived two days ago.

Today, Monday, I got a call from someone who barely spoke English. I was able to get from him that they wanted me to pull the chips out of my existing cartridges because they would rather not send me a complete working system.

What was more disturbing is that I eventually figured out that six days after I had ordered the product had not even been shipped! I was assured I should get it this week. (10 days to deliver!)

At least I have a phone number now but not sure it will help. If you happen to have ordered from these guys good luck. InkSupply.com has always been top rate in customer service. Too bad they couldn't get the chip in time for me to use their system. I'll sooner use their ink. At least I know the company will be there to take care of me.
epson3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 3:28 AM   #6

Having read the latest on the Epson Pro 3800

I have to give some tech information on this so bear with me for a few moment please

The Epson has produced a complicated chip in the way of coding. There are a number of companies who have been trying to crack this chip fully. So far this has not been done and only 1 many 2 companies have succeeded by producing a replacement chip.

BUT they are ARC chip used in Bulk feed system.

As for re-settable chips I have not found yet but I am close to it .

There is also another draw back is that you have to have the Epson chip for the cartridges to work.

So please people I am working on it for I have the inks and the cartridges for 3800 but not a workable chip.

I am close but just have to debug the problems.

Also when the problem has been solved there still is one problem to over come and that is the OEM cartridges

This is not refillable as like many of the other models. Mainly due to a value that lets the ink not but not in.

If you require more information on 3800 or any others then please email.
Robertgemco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 4:38 PM   #7

I do not like the Inkepublic Pro3800 CISS system, because all those tubes and bottles which require more desk space.

So for me to go are refillable cartridges + resetter, no CISS with a lot of tubing. It does not make sense to attach a CISS on a CISS-printer........

Robertgemco: if you have any news, please send me a PM. I see you are from theNetherlands, which is very close to me. I live in Belgium, near the dutch border.