Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Oct 2, 2003, 9:51 PM   #1

Default Canon s9000 or i9100 tiling

Greetings...

I'm contemplating the purchase of one of the two Canon wide carriage printers currently on the market. As a stopgap, I have a little Canon i450 that produces remarkable output.

On the 450's "page setup" preferences popup, there is a setting for "poster printing". It enables a cut n paste way to get a poster-sized printout. (the "p" police will bust me for that previous paragraph!)

My question is...does the 9000 or 9100 driver software offer a similar function for two or four tiled pages?

Thx all...
Dave
DavesWorldpt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2003, 8:19 AM   #2

Yes, the s9000 and i9100 both allow for the poster print. My new i9100 and my old s800 both have this feature.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2003, 12:16 AM   #3

The 9000 has a glitch though. You canít print a big panorama on photo paper using the poster setting With XP. You can set photo paper and poster with Win98/ME to print a panorama, but you can print only on plain paper for posters in XP. Canonís reply to questions about whether they were going to fix it with firmware is that allowing photo paper poster printing in Win98 is a glitch and it has been corrected in XP Ė in other words they arenít going to allow panorama printing in XP. So if you want to print panoramas in XP you have to dual boot. I think they fixed it with the 9100 Ė which is a better printer anyway.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote