Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Jan 23, 2009, 6:52 PM   #1

This began as a banding problem - for which I have attempted all fixes including soaking the print head, canned air, new carts, you name it.
What I did note recently that may or may not have been a problem all along and is perhaps part of the banding problem is:
1. The photo magenta nozzle pattern is about 75% all the time and shows horizontal bands as well as the various degrees of vertical. Been doing this for some time.

2. More importantly??? No matter how many times I run the print head alignment there is no significant correction.
It doesn't matter if I do the alignment, go out of maintaining utilities and or turn off the printer and try again after a purge pattern or photo - - or just do repeated alignments. I have also re-seated the print head a number of times to be certain its good and snug.
Occasionally I will get a small adjustment. If I leave the zeroed out colors alone they stay put, but so don't the ones that are off.
This is the second print head and it has very little use.
I do a purge pattern print daily to keep things from drying out. I have cleaned the sponges and pads.
Prints come out super all but for the banding. It produces good prints on just about anything once I find the right driver / ICC combination.
Can something other than the print head or carts be wrong? I HAVE installed and am using the latest drivers - didn't see any difference.
I get ZERO help from Canon because I was honest (stupid) enough to tell them I used MIS aftermarket inks and carts.
I'm really up against it here as I can't afford a new printer right now and I hate to spend nearly $100 for another print head if that's not the problem.
I was getting banding from the old one and that was with Canon inks.
But I do not know how old the alignment problem is.
Thanks to whoever take the time to read and respond to this long post!
Ronz60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links