Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Aug 19, 2009, 3:13 AM   #11

george when you have time can you confirm the inkrepublic's system can reset 3800 waste ink maintenance cartridge?
jimbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2009, 5:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbay View Post
george when you have time can you confirm the inkrepublic's system can reset 3800 waste ink maintenance cartridge?
POSITIVE.

didnt you read the FAQ?

http://www.inkrepublic.com/Knowledge...-resetInkLevel

I followed the instruction above and got it reset once already... saved 25 dollars right there..hehe
georgekarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2009, 9:49 AM   #13

Hi guys,

as one of the first users of refillable cartridges for the Epson Pro 3800 I would recommend you to look after my investigations in a few weeks time when I will report back at nifty-stuff.com about my experiences of several refill solutions for this marvelous printer.

There are some chip issues with the delivery of the Inkrepublic.com's i-refill system, but I will give it a try and report back then. Amanda of Inkrepublic.com seems to be very helpful in trying to isolate the problem. I am still waiting for the replacement control chips which will be sent to me.

Be patient, it will be updated accordingly in a few weeks time:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4746

Note: there is now a direct chip resetter for the Epson Pro 3800 chips (both cartridges + maintenance tank) and from my first experiences and during my problem solving with the Inkrepublic.com system I did manage to reset 2 already empty cartridges with this resetter back to 100 %) and the maintenance cartridge too.

See my youtube-movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOzQYXIGIG0

There will be several systems be tested, so I think it is very helpful for many users interested in buying one of these systems.
pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:20 PM   #14

Default Refilling Cartridges

I gave up refilling cartridges over 2 years ago. CIS is a must, the only refilling is the tanks that sit outside the printer. I have CIS from 2 different vendors and both are great. www.inkproducts.com & www.CISinks.com. CIS inks are cheaper and just as good as inkproducts. These systems pay for themselves in a month or less depending how much and what kind of printing you do. There is no buying chip resetters.
Remag1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 9:19 AM   #15

remag, I could not find any 3800 cis on these two sites you mentioned? am I missing anything? I would love to obtain a system like InkRepublic's 3800 i-KING CIS, but it's out of stock for a while. Their main focus now is 3800 i-Refill system, which is not CIS, but very very easy to refill with 150ml carts and it works as a big CIS and as easy as (or better) 3800 OEM cart. I hope this helps.
jimbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 2:09 AM   #16

A few months ago I purchased an Epson R200 ink jet printer. This is an excellent, inexpensive printer that prints on inkjet-printable. I am impressed with the quality of the printer, especially considering that the printer can be purchased for about online.............. do you also want purchase this kind of printers?????

Devendra

Last edited by devendrakardam; May 11, 2010 at 2:13 AM.
devendrakardam is offline   Reply With Quote