Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Feb 3, 2004, 7:36 PM   #1

Default My new I9100... it's like Direct TV!

Just got my new Canon I9100 printer today! I feel like that Lawrence Fishborne commerical for Direct TV... You know... something like:

I just printed my first couple of pics on my new I9100 and all I can say is GREAT JUMPIN' JEHOSAPHAT! YEEHAA!!!

My test picture had a nice blue gradiant added for a background from Photoshop.. I am absolutely stunned! The background is so smooth from white to a rich blue...

I think I'm going to be very happy with this printer!

Now to pick up some A3 paper tomorrow!
Mr_Saginaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2004, 9:24 AM   #2

I have had the i9100 since July 2003 and it is still a great printer. I take mine with me G3 to eveents at our church and have printed pictures on-site. In one evening, I printed somewhere around 90 4x6 pictures in a little less than 2 hours. In this whole time, I am on my 4th full set of inks.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2004, 8:18 PM   #3

Hi Guys. I am new to the digital photo scene and just bought the I9100 and am shooting with a Fuji FinPix S5000. I am taking most pictures on the auto setting on the camera with the file size of 6megpix. I have no experience with with the manuel settings. I have been messing aroung withthem but still dont know how to use them correctly.

I am using the software that came with the I9100 to print the photos. Most of the images are ok, not what I was expecting from this printer and camera. My Blacks are very spoty/grainey and the skin tone of people are off and grainey too? Most prints I have printed are 8x10's.

I just ordered some of Red Rivers paper and have down loaded their ICC profiles and installed them.

What paper are you guys using? and what ICC profiles? What settings do you have on your printer?

Any help would be great!
Thank you!
Todd
Todd Swain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2004, 7:21 AM   #4

Hi Todd,

Well, when I orginally posted this note I had only printed on Canon Paper (Plus Glossy and Paper Pro). The results were absolutely stunning... BUT then I bought some Kodak Premium 11X17 at the local store... OMG! It was so bad I almost cried! I mean the color was way off and there were lines that looked like the print head had been dragged through the ink! Made it look like the everyone in the picture was wearing pinstripe! Then I found this site:

http://www.wandb.com/icc.htm

I download the Kodak Premium ICC and now I get good results... Not as good as the Canon put acceptable...

Pwhew sorry to be so long winded... just don't want you to get discouraged!

I'm using that EZ print program that came with the printer too... And when I'm using the Canon paper I'm just the profiles that came with the printer for the Canon papers....

Let us know how you make out!
Old Mar 1, 2004, 2:50 PM   #5

Well I got the Red River Pape today and printed a few picture. They are much better than the ones I printed out before. I did s 8.5 x11 and a 13 x 19 bothe turned out real good, but the black on the 13 x 19 is still spotty and grainey. Do you think it is putting to much black on the photo? I am going to try to take the black back to a -5 in the color management.

I called Red River and they told me that their profiles only work with photo editing software the reconizes the ICC file. I guess the print file software from cannon can not use these ICC file?

Thaks again for all your help!
Todd
Todd Swain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2004, 3:53 PM   #6

Todd,

You can only specify the ICC profiles in applications (Photoshop, Qimage, etc) that allows for those selection. Canon's software (Easy Photo Print, Image/Zoombrowser, etc) do not have the options for using those profiles.

Red River Paper has instructions on how to set these parameters in Photoshop on their website.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2004, 5:23 PM   #7

Hmmm... I might be confused here...

I only use the Canon EZ print utility... I do not print from PS or anything else...

I bough Kodak paper and got terrible results. I went to http://www.wandb.com/icc.htm and down loaded the Kodak profile (they have Red River too). I then followed the directions... and when I go to use kodak paper i go into the printers properties and then go to color management and set it to the kodak one... Now EZ Print give me good prints on the Kodak... so it seem to me EZ Print must be using it????
Old Mar 1, 2004, 5:38 PM   #8

sounds like it is working fine then...but you had to go into the options and such......(like i normally go into the properties and change it to "other photo papers" which probably isn't as good as others but seems ok....)
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote