Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Mar 31, 2004, 1:45 PM   #1

Default i9100 vs. Internet Printing Service Question

I own a Cannon 10d and have started sending pictures to an online service for 16 by 20 printing. Quality that comes back is pretty good. Observation: My raw files are about 18 Meg. The files that are converted and sent to the online service are less than 1/2 Meg.

If I decided to purchase and use something like the i9100, would I expect to see a measureable difference in picture quality. i.e., does an i9100 use all of the data available in an 18 Meg file or does it need to reduce data before it prints?

Thanks in advance for insight.
mcocozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2004, 8:42 PM   #2

Default large image files

I would guess that the more pixels the better. When I print 13x19 prints on my i9100 from my 4 mp canon s400, the prints look good, but the printer driver upsizes the file to about 100mb. The printer driver is using some complex math to increase the amount of pixels so that the print looks good. It would make sense to me that the more pixels you start with, the better off you are as the printer driver would have to do less interpolating. The large images files may not be necessary to yield optimal results at small prints sizes (4x6). Just a guess, though.

Tim G.
tim g is offline   Reply With Quote