Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Apr 18, 2004, 4:22 PM   #1

Default Anyone seen reviews on new Canon i9900??

Hi all -

Has anyone found any preliminary review info on the new i9900 canon with the 8 color ink system? Anyone heard when it will hit stores (the Canon website only says "available in May").

I have an s900 I am very happy with but want the wider version. The only complaint I have with the s900 is the somewhat limited black gamut - darks areas of prints are somewhat blotchy and grainy at times. I haven't experimented with any third party inks or papers on my s900 so I wondered if anyone has found ways to improve this. I was also wondering if the new red and green inks on the i9900 would possibly help this (I think it won't).

Thanks for any opinions and replies.
kevin_talbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2004, 11:53 AM   #2

:lol: Turn green with envy. I got one. It is the i9950 in the UK. I`ve had it 3 days even before the release date. I`ve given it a bit of a run and this is what I`ve found. It is a beautiful and very rugged machine. It is easy to set up, install the print head and ink tanks, install the software and configure. It took me less than 1/2 hour from opening the box to first print. It is quiet and incredibly fast even on my old standard USB port. An A3 full color in about 90 seconds. B/W letter rips thro in no time and appears as good as a laser.
The various configurations are easy to understand and implement.
The BIG QUESTION...... YES the prints are out of this world both on Canon paper and Jessops quality photo paper. The tonal range, clarity, sharpness and punch are something to marvel over. With an 8x loupe it is still almost impossible to see the dots. The on screen ink usage information shows me that I think it is going to be an economical printer but we`ll have to wait and see.
The CD label printer works a dream and is easy to use.
I reckon I did the right thing.
As long as it proves reliable then don`t think twice. Go for it.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 12:27 PM   #3

B&H has it priced at $499 But out of stock.. I sent e-mail to them to inform me when they get it in... Looks like a good one..
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 5:33 PM   #4
Administrator

kevin_talbot wrote:
Quote:
Hi all -

Has anyone found any preliminary review info on the new i9900 canon with the 8 color ink system? Anyone heard when it will hit stores (the Canon website only says "available in May").

Just posted is my i9900 review:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...non_i9900.html

steve is offline   Reply With Quote