Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Sep 4, 2004, 5:16 AM   #21

I have one.. Kodak Ultima no longer pools..

The post your are referring to is over a year old and things change including the formulation of paper. Kodak Ultima 1 year ago was not the same paper then (it didn't have the 100 year life span "Colorfast" logo on it.

Actually Ultima paper has been reformulated twice during my times with it. The first was not good on the Canon ... Pooling and banding, but then they fixed it and the paper looked great. Then they added the Colorfast and it still looks good. The paper looks as good as the Canon paper. In fact the new formulation uses the same profile as the Canon Pro paper.
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2004, 9:04 AM   #22

I just started using the Kodak Ultima paper on my I9100 and its fantastic.Quality matches Canon paper at a much better price.

Dale
daler63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 12:40 PM   #23

hey castle dude.

so you prefer the kodak ultima over the canon paper? i'm use the canon papers but have never tried the kodak.

i would more than welcome a paper that prints on par with cost savings :-)

thx

andrew
Andrew Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 12:49 PM   #24

I've had the i9900 a little over a week and it's fantastic! I'm a studio owner and I photographed 3 beauty pageants last week. I brought my i9900 with me and printed 10 packages in my hotel room at night and delivered them to the girls at the final competition. No hassle, no shipping handling, no problems!

The new Kodak professional inkjet paper is even better than the Ultima as far as I'm concerned. The prints come out dry and are printed on the same photobase as the traditional photo/chemical papers! 50 sheets were about $35.00. My traditional lab charges me $1.60/unit, so I'll save!
pep9454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:11 AM   #25

Hi has anyone ever tried the Epson Enhanced Matte with the i9900. I can't get as good a result as I can with the Premium Luster. Any help greatly appreciated - orussell@nf.sympatico.ca
orussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 5:44 AM   #26

:?Canon i9900 is defect printer

:?New printer is i9910

http://cweb.canon.jp/pixus/lineup/ip9910/index.html
kaisony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 9:39 PM   #27

:-) staples has 40ct ultima on sale for $30 ea. with a $20 easy rebate. I bought ten packs and ran one through my 6000D (have 9900 also). The results were a major bummer with the pooling and the banding etc.. Then searching for solution I came across your post (whew!) hightailed it back to Staples to exchange for newer packages with the Colorlife 100 year emblem and VOILA! Life is good again! This paper kicks @$$! and at a bargain price. thank you for taking the time to post . Going back for more Definitely made my season.
picdadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 9:41 PM   #28

That is -thanks to castledude
picdadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:56 PM   #29

:|Great info! I'll be offering matted clearshield treatments to my customers. Those using inkjets for saleable prints might be interested.

http://www.livick.com/method/inkjet/pg2J.htm

Cheers~
Tayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:03 PM   #30

Judging by my clock, this printer has been on the market for close to two years now. I hear mostly great things about it and have been looking for something inits price range to replace an old HP Deskjet.

Is Canon due for an update in the product line soon or is the i9900 still the best offering for a while?

I assumeI should just ignore that post above calling the i9900 "defect". :roll:
jdryyz is offline   Reply With Quote