Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Sep 7, 2002, 12:07 AM   #1
Administrator

Default Epson Stylus Photo 2200

I just posted our Epson Stylus Photo 2200 review - wow, what a printer!

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...pson_2200.html

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2002, 9:51 PM   #2
smf

Default 2200 and different papers

Hello,

A question for 2200 users:

Epson lists Premium Glossy Photo Paper (PGPP) as compatible with the 2200. Steve seems to like it in his review.

In two e-mails to Epson they have responded that one will get the best results with non-glossy papers, but that PGPP will work. They won't answer my questions as to how "archival" the various papers are.

On the Photo-i web site, their review on page 4 (http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/page_4.htm) states:

"I should tell you that this is printing on Glossy Photo Weight using all the automatic settings. Epson has just e-mailed me saying that the Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper is not compatible with the 2100, this paper was developed for Dye based inks, the media recommended for this printer is the Glossy Paper Photo Weight." (The 2100 is the European 2200)

I want to use this printer to produce very good looking prints that take full advantage of the ink's archival qualities. Does anyone out there have any more insight into this?

thanks,

Steve (not the Steve)
smf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2002, 7:37 PM   #3

Default True Printable Area/Page Lengths

Steve,

I really enjoy your site, it is incredibly informative. I read that under Windows XP the 2200 can print up to 129". If you would check to see if that is accurate and let us know,I would be very grateful.

Thank you.
Idebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2002, 11:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by smf
I want to use this printer to produce very good looking prints that take full advantage of the ink's archival qualities. Does anyone out there have any more insight into this?

thanks,

Steve (not the Steve)
Hi Steve,

I just purchased a 2200 upgraded from a 1270. The prints on Premium Glossy Paper look much better on the 1270 opposed to the 2200. The 2200 prints held at an angle shows a color change. This is not the case with the Semi-Gloss paper that came with the printer. I am going to get Glossy Paper Photo Weight and see what happens. Hopefully Epson will produce new paper the 2200. Let me know what you find. Thanks, ...Rich 925.824.1773
RichYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2002, 5:48 PM   #5

Default Realignment?

One thing I've been wondering about with this printer: If you were to change to the matte black ink and then back again; do you have to realign the printer each time you switch back and forth?
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2002, 8:50 PM   #6
smf

Default Cartridge Realignment

Hello,

No, you don't need to. I switch frequently and have had no problems.

Steve (not the Steve)
Old Dec 10, 2002, 2:27 PM   #7

Default Availability of Epson 2200 printer

Can anyone out there tell me what the story is with this printer? (Epson was of no help.) I've been trying to buy one for over two months now. No one seems to have it in stock. Is it just very high demand, or is there some other problem?
ldchait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2002, 3:18 PM   #8
smf

Default Finding an Epson 2200

Hello,

To my knowledge there are no significant problems with the Epson 2200, it is rather in high demand with a limited supply.

I purchased mine for $620 about 3 months ago, before much of the current interest, but now on eBay the last several have sold between $750 and $825. If you are willing to pay more there are quite a few for sale from reputable dealers on eBay.

Looking at cNet most of the dealers list it as backordered - you'll just have to call and see what they say for a timeframe on its delivery.

Hope this is helpful,

Steve

BTW - I do mostly 13x19" black and white photos on mine and have been very happy with the quality.