Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old May 31, 2004, 2:51 PM   #1

I don't understand what my problem is here. WhenI go to print an image with my i9100, from both Canon's Easy Photo Print or Nikon View, my image come out with a cast on it even if it is an edited image

Edited (quickly, not a final edit):

Printed:

What is going on? Is the EXIF Print throwing out my information? Please do not tell me to go out and get an Epson 2200 (or any new printer for that matter) because I cannot afford to do so under threat of divorce and said wife is due with our second child in December.

Damon

EDIT: Changing the color adjustment to manual and the brightness to dark made some improvement in Nikon View but it is still pretty heavy. There is no way to make these changes in Easy Photo Print (Canon's EXIF Print Application).

dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2004, 4:49 PM   #2

hard to say. Perhaps it is the profiles? Or that your monitor is not calibrated. The differences shouldnt be that huge. My epson 1290 does a better job and the 9100 should be better.

But my guess would be the monitor.
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2004, 5:33 PM   #3

LCohen wrote:
Quote:
hard to say. Perhaps it is the profiles? Or that your monitor is not calibrated. The differences shouldnt be that huge. My epson 1290 does a better job and the 9100 should be better.

But my guess would be the monitor.
Cannot be the monitor. My calibration was not done by making a print then scanning it to adjust the monitor to the print and nothing has changed since I have gotten the D70 on 5/4 (I have been gone for the 10 days anyway). If I pull images in from my G3 and print them, they are dead on. . I have tried to print from PS Elements 2.0. I set the color management to the BJ Color Printer Profile 2000 and sRGB IEC61966-2.1 both with Relative Colormetric intent and black point compensation and ICM enabled in the print driver. Even with all of this, it still is not printing any differently.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 11:06 AM   #4

Hrm, then I have no idea. But I suspect it is something to do with the profiles. What profiles does the camera use? Adobe RGB? Nikon RGB? sRGB?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"And I have never used the programs you speak of so i really dont know anything about the profiling use in them.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"If you get good results with the G3 then something is really really really odd.And the only thing I can think of is the profiles.
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2004, 12:27 PM   #5
Administrator

:PHumor only ....

What did you expect when printinga Nikon image with a Canon printer. Guess you'll have to wait for that new Nikon wide-carriage inkjet printer to come out. They'll probably announce it at Photokina.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2004, 2:56 PM   #6

steve wrote:
Quote:
:PHumor only ....

What did you expect when printinga Nikon image with a Canon printer. Guess you'll have to wait for that new Nikon wide-carriage inkjet printer to come out. They'll probably announce it at Photokina.
Funny that you say that, because I have wondered if there is a problem with the way the Canon Easy Photo Print is reading the EXIF data from a Nikon image. I know that EXIF print, like PictBridge, is not manufacturer dependent - if both support EXIF Print, then you should be good. BUt when I printed an image taken from the same camera while at Sea World San Antonio, they come out just fine.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 9:27 PM   #7

I get excellent results printing D100 EXIF pictures using Canon EasyPrint on a Canon i950. Have you run the Adobe Gamma program to set your monitor colors to match the printer's color? You can find the Adobe Gamma icon in the Control Panel. Follow the wizard's instructions.

Beezy
beezy is offline   Reply With Quote