Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Jun 4, 2004, 8:11 PM   #1

I ready to buy one either the canon 9900 or the epson 2200. From the reviews, I'm not sure which one is better. I have another printer that I can use for text if need be. Which has the BEST photo print?
jcdjcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2004, 8:49 PM   #2

The Canon 9900 has the best photo prints on the market right now. The Epson 2200 is a couple of years old and is a couple generations behind Canon in picture quality.

But the 2200 has some advantages. It uses pigmented ink and the prints don't fade as readily if displayed in bright light. It has a roll paper feeder and you can have both roll and flat paper in the printer at the same time. It also has an automatic cutter for the roll paper so you can put 4 inch stock in and it will pump out 4 X 6 prints. The 2200 will print 40 inches wide where the Canon will print only 24 inches.

It is hard to tell the 2200 images from photographs. It is just that you would probably see subtle detail and color gradation differences holding the prints side by side. Under magnification it is no contest, but people don't usually view prints under magnification.

The 9900 is MUCH faster.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote