Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Jun 28, 2004, 10:18 AM   #1

hi there,

i am new to this but i am thinking of buying the Canon i9900 because i am going to embark on some in house printing for some brochures i will be doing. However as i have limited money (dont we all, i hear u cry) i want to be sure this is exactly whay i am after.

What i will be wanting to achieve is printing edge to edge A3 folded to make an A4 brochure. So i am realy asking what the double sided printing is like. (i know i will have to print tthen turn it over and print again.)

Basically i was wondering if someone in the UK would be so kind as to print a few things for me, prolly just a page or so, of text graphics and photos, just so i can see for myself the quality etc....a feasability study if u will. Obviously i would pay for the expenses, ink paper post etc. Your input on paper etc would also be much appreciated.

Thanks for all your time.
mills_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2004, 3:37 AM   #2

HI,

I am in Germany, but mail isn't so expensive... so just e-mail me your File and I will try to print it (if normal paper is good enough for you, because I haven't recieved my A3 Photopaper yet.

Lance (lance201@gmx.de)
lance201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 1:24 PM   #3

:homey: Hi Mills

The printer here in the UK is the i9950 with direct CD printing. I have had mine since April and it is fantastic. It appears to be low cost on ink compared with Epson etc. I get my tanks from PriceStorm in Guernsey for less than £6 each for original Canon Cartridges. You will not be disappointed with the i9950. If you go to my website www.Fotomanweb.co.uk you can Email me in Cardiff. If you send me some stuff by post and detail what you want I`ll print it for you.

Cheers

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 6:03 PM   #4

Hope you find what you need from the sample prints. However, double sided printing on the i9900 on plain paper is likely to be less than spectacular, to say the least. Printing single sided photos on plain paper basically soaks through so that the images are visible on the other side. And printing on plain paper isn't all that great to start with, since this printer is clearly optimized for photo printing on heavier/coated stocks.

You might find some heavier paper that was suitable for printing on both sides, but the standard ink-jet bright white HP or store brand papers won't work all that well. I don't know of double-sided photo papers, but there may be some.
mark.huth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 3:21 PM   #5

Red River has it http://redrivercatalog.com/browse/lrgsheet.htm

65lb. Premium Matte 2-Sided - photo inkjet paper in an exclusive heavy weight
  • 13x19 - $1.11 / sheet [/*]
  • 11x17 - $0.88 / sheet [/*]
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote