Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Jul 25, 2004, 12:05 AM   #1

Hello Hello Photo Printer Users

I have been after Canonfor a problem I've found when trying to print a 13"x30" panoramic photo for afriend it can't print panoramic pictures 13" wide. (After I had already special ordered the paper) I pointed out that the Epson 1280 printed 13"x44" panoramic pictureand the HP 9650printed a whopping 13"x50" panoramic picture but their Canon i9100 only printed a sad little 13"x23" picture. I said they were lucky I couldn't return the stupid printer because I found this problem after the 30day return policy had passed. The print quality, seperate ink tanksand fast print speed are great features, but they told me I was already getting all the printer they were going to offer for my buckin the i9100. I hope this message helps people looking for a printer in the future not to get fooled by Canon or any other company. Not all printers are created equal, even when they are the moreexpensive one.

PLEASE READ AND COMPARE ALL OF FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS THE PRINTERS OFFER AND IF IT ISN'T IN WRITING CALL THE MANUFACTURER AND ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU BUT IT.

I also asked"since the other printers came with drivers andsoftware that printed larger format paper and the i9100 is anewer printer, was Canon going to offer a patch or down load of an updated driver to make up forthe i9100sdeficiency?" They said they haven't heard any other requests for it so no they won't update the drivers. :sad: If everyone who has bought the i9100 thinks its kind of a rip off not to be able to print at least as good as an Epson, they should send an e-mail to Canon.Everyone should say how disappointed they are with the printers mediadeficiency and how much they WANT to be able to print 13"x44"or50" panoramic pictures. Then they may be persuaded to do the right thing and put together a driver updatefor what is really only half the printer thatthe other companies offerbut costs moremoney.:-xStand and beheard i9100 owners, we don't have to take it any more.

Thank you for your support ! Bigmur

bigmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links