Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Aug 12, 2004, 11:32 PM   #1

I'm having a little trouble getting my black and white photos to look good on Canon's Photo Paper Pro. The printer does beautifully neutral B&W prints using the Plus Glossy paper, but printing with the Pro paper gives me results that are slightly brownish (pinkish?). If Canon made13x19in the Plus Glossy, I'd be OK, but they don't. I've made sure that I'm changing the profile in the printer setup, and I've foundbetter resultswhen I leave the image in color in Elements and set the printer to grayscale. I even tried leaving the profile on Plus Glossy, but it doesn't help.Has anyone had any experience with this?
gilfos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2004, 12:10 AM   #2

OK, maybe I spoke a little too soon. I've just been trying various combos and it seems that leaving the printer on the Plus Glossy profile while printing B&W on Photo Paper Pro actually does a very nice neutral photo- regardless of whether or not I give the printer a grayscale image to print or leave it in color. The Plus Glossy setting seems to impart a more neutral tone, free of the magenta cast I previously was getting. No need to thank me for allthe paper and ink I've saved you by all of mytrial and errortonight!

By the way, has anyone had any luck with matte 13x19 papers with the i9900, since Canon doesn't have one?
Old Aug 14, 2004, 6:40 AM   #3

Hi Gilfos, along with Canon Pro13x19 I have found that Staples brand 13x19 matte works pretty well on my i9100.
mikesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:13 AM   #4

Thanks- I'll try it. Do you use a specific profile for it, or just the Canon matte profile?
Old Aug 17, 2004, 6:21 AM   #5

I just use the Canon matte profile and the prints look great. most people I show Pro glossy and matte copys to prefer the matte look.
mikesd is offline   Reply With Quote