Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Sep 18, 2004, 11:53 PM   #1

Just got my new i9950 and I had great trouble installing it. I went through the steps in the manual. It states to wait till the installation program looks for the printer and then turn it on (the printer)- I did that and windows Xp comes up with a message saying that new hardware is found.I then pressed cancel as perthe manual to let the installation program continues, but then a second windows dialog came up with new hardware found but cannot be installed (cannot find the specified file). The i9950 installation then crashes.

After several tries I was ready to give up, but I've realised that although the installation program crashes everytime, it does install the printerdrivers succesffuly. So I got the printer running ok and it prints well.

However, when ever I turnthe printeron, XP pops up the same message 'new hardware found (i9950) with the smae message that it cannot install it because it can't find the specified file. Pressing ok on this dialog box doesn't do anything as it simply reopens itself instantly. As far as printing goes its all ok, it's just really annoying having to have this box pop up every time I turn the printer on.

Any one else experience anything like this?

tim
saxtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2004, 12:15 AM   #2

Well, I am about as gifted as you where computers are concerned from the sound of it! I would completely uninstall the software and reload it again, since in my hamfisted way I have often messed up installations and had to resort to this to put things right. Be sure to use Start, Control Panel and then Add or Remove programs to do it though, because if you right click and delete a lot of the program will still be left in the computer. I have exactly the same XP and the i9950 by the way, and for once didn't encounter any problems, except I forgot to download the 2nd Easyprint disk, silly me! Hope it works.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 4:02 PM   #3

Try this open control panel/system/devicemanager. Find the printer, right click on the device and select update driver. Make sure your CD disk is in the drive let XP search again.
IanS is offline   Reply With Quote