Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Oct 15, 2004, 11:10 AM   #1

I work in a very small freelance publishing office. We do a lot of printing text, but occasionally (like when we're trying to sell a book idea) we need to make marketing materials that have images as well. We might also print dummy copies of books we've made, outputting from QuarkXPress. Am I incorrect in considering the S9000 and the 9900? Are these really just for glossy photos? Or can they do text combined with photos just as easily?

adam
aktaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2004, 3:31 PM   #2

Hiya,

Get a cheap laserprinter if you want B/W texts. For glossy stuff a i9950/i9900 is great. But get you ink somewhere else ie not from Canon (its way too expensive).
bigart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 5:09 PM   #3

The i9900 is a great printer for photos, and it does a perfectly fine job with text, but I think it would be pretty expensive to use this printer to do things like printing books. Not that you couldn't, just that there might be color lasers or other types of printers that could handle heavier volumeswhile printing a combination of photos and textmore cost-effectively. That having been said, if you really need to print as large as 13x19 in., the 9900 might be more competitvewhen you factor in the cost of a larger-format colorlaser printer.
gilfos is offline   Reply With Quote