Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Dec 15, 2004, 12:51 AM   #1

I read that I should be able to print panoramas up to 13 x 44 inches on my Epson 2200, but I'm not having any luck with this.

I can print at all the "normal" sizes up to 13 x 19 just fine, from cut stock or from rolls.

I'm on an OS 10.3.6 Mac. Since the 13 x 44 size is not a default in the printer setup dialogs, I create a custom paper size of 13 x 44 (or some other large size such as 13 x 30). This seems to go as I would expect.

Then I use Page Setup to select the Epson 2200 using Roll Paper and specify my custom paper size, let's say 13 x 44.

Next I go to the Print with Preview command and use essentially the same settings I use successfully with normal size paper. I see the preview showing my image fitting nicely inside the print boundaries. Then I go to the Options to select the right type of paper (Epson Enhanced Matte paper in custom 13" width from Exim Vaios) and turn off the color management options. Then I hit the Print button.

The printer begins to print the image, but it does not print the full width or height. Rather than printing a 13" width it prints about 8 inches of width. It also doesn't start at the left (or right, depending upon orientation) edge of the image. Instead, it starts part way in.

I've checked though the booklet that came with the printer and it is of no help at all?

Has anyone successfully printed very wide images with the full 13" height? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Dan:?:
danmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2005, 3:43 PM   #2

I am using 10 inch wide paper from Exim Vaios on my 2200. It's working fine for me. I have made several prints at 9.5 x 30 inches from Photoshop. I"m using Photoshop CS and OS X 10.3.x.

You already seem to be aware that you have to choose a different printer in page setup when using roll paper, so that's good. You have to choose the same printer in the print dialog as well. And loading the roll paper so the printer knows it has roll paper is a bit tricky.

http://files.support.epson.com/htmld...2_rf/index.htm

Other than those basic steps I don't have any advice. I did have some trouble getting going with roll printing but not the kind you describe. You could try printing to PDF just to see how that works.
BruceMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 6:51 PM   #3

Thanks, Bruce.

I'll have to try the "smaller" (e.g. 9.5 inch) height (or width?) image to see if that works for me.

Normally, I don't have any problems getting roll paper to work - and it works fine with standard sizes listed in the dialog. It even works fine with small odd custom sizes I've set up. For example, I have a 4" height x 11" width size for printing "test strips."

However, when I specify a larger custom size (say 13" x 24") In end up with a print that does not use the full 13" width of the paper. I seem to get about 2/3 of this dimension with the remaining part of the image cut off.

Very frustrating...

Dan
danmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 10:16 PM   #4

Having precisely the same problem as Dan, with one additional frustration - was able to print a 11" x 30" print *perfectly*, then was never able to repeat the feat. Photoshop CS from OS 10.3.7, epson driver 1.84. Epson sends me to Adobe, Adobe says it's Epson's problem.

Looks fine in both the PS layout window and the opening print dialog box. Even looks fine in print preview. Then the printed image is rotated 90 degrees from how it appears in preview mode, then clipped. It's like the "window" I wanted to print clips the rotated window, giving me a small subset of my image at the correct scale.

Did you ever resolve your problem?

Dave
tensleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 1:53 AM   #5

Just wondering if anyone has resolved their problem printing 13"x 36" (or anything longer than 19"). I've encountered the exact same problem as danmitchell, but am able to print 11" x 36" and replicate that multiple times. Any luck?
hawaiianpapayas is offline   Reply With Quote