Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Dec 31, 2004, 6:07 PM   #1

Has anyone had much success with the Canon i9900 and B&W printing? what kind of paper do you use?

I have a lot of B&W's I would like to print and I hope this printer with do the job.

Thanks
qmdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2005, 11:24 AM   #2

First, I am relatively new at this. I have the i9900 and have printed a few B&Ws using Matte Finish Photo paper. I would like to tell you how good or bad the prints are except I have nothing to compare them to. I used 8.5" x 11" sheets with a slight border rather than "to the edge" borderless. They are some of the best B&Ws I have printed yet for reference I'll list my other printers. That way you will know what I am comparing to. HP 1600C, HP1120C, Epson C86. The i9900 B&W prints, according to my son, shows slight hints of green in certain shading. I can't see them. There was a thread regarding the 9000 versus I believe and another printer where the latter used 2-3 black inks. Also, I believe one of the newer HP printers got extremely high remarks for B&W prints. If I get more serious about B&Ws I may look into adding that to my bank of printers.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Steve
BrierS is offline   Reply With Quote