Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Jan 13, 2005, 9:43 AM   #1

Would really like to see specs on this new printer, specs that are in large enough print to read without a magnifying glass. Also specs that contain measurements in American/English figures, not metric. Does anyone have any idea when these printers are going to hit the US market? Epson is really being very quiet on this printer as there isn't even a hint of it on their website or for that matter, even in any of the Photo magazines that are currently on the newsstands.
woodyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:52 AM   #2

Have you seen this: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...px-g5000.shtml

What I am interested in is the width of panoramas it will print. I haven't upgraded my Canon S9000 because it can be jerry-rigged to print any size panorama you want. The Epson 2200 was limited to 40 inches, which is better than the 24 inches maximum width on all the current Canons. But I would still like more than 40 inches.

As soon as the 5000 is announced sales of the 2200 will likely crash. They probably don't want the US sales of the 2200 to drop before they have something to offer.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 8:30 AM   #3

Thanks for the referal to that website, but I had already seen and read that before. I still am looking for more info and specs that were not mentioned in this website. You are probably correct on your market prediction concerning the demise of the 2200. It might even negatively affect the sales of Canon's I9900.
woodyed is offline   Reply With Quote