Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Jan 25, 2005, 9:36 AM   #1

Has anyone tried using the ColourVision PrintFix with the Canon i9950. ColourVision site states that it does not support this printer nor can you add it to thier list for future support. They do support the i9900 so I was wondering if this would work for the i9950.
Derek H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2005, 1:05 PM   #2

Derek,

The i9950 is the same as the i9900 here inn the US except it doesn't have the CD printing capability. PrintFix does support the i9900 - I just purchased it - and returned it for scanner related problems. I've made several long posts in rec.photo.digital about it recently and what I did to tweak it.

The software works fine under XP but the profiles it makes will be a little off and need to be tweaked. From what I've read, unless you're willing to pay twice as much (Monaco Pro version for $1K US) you will have to tweak the profiles. ColorVision will take 25% off the advertised price if your order from them and you can return it - no questions asked if you don't like it.

For the price range, I don't think you'll find anything much better but that doesn't mean it's an outstanding product. Get the suite with the Spyder2Pro and the PrintFix. The scanner looks to be the one made by Syscan (www.syscaninc.com) and it's the model TravelScan 660. Ping me if you have other questions about it.

Bob S.
BobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 1:17 PM   #3

Thank you responding, could you clarify whether Printfix looks for a specific printer in the software eg would it work with the i9950 or would I have to select i9900 and hope it produces the desired results. I am hoping as it uses the same inks etc that it will be OK.

Could you provide a link to your posts in rec.photo.digital

Many thanks

Derek
Derek H is offline   Reply With Quote