Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Feb 12, 2005, 5:03 PM   #1

Here is what I have experienced with my Canon i9900. When I first got it a couple of months ago, the out-of-the-box prints were perfect. Great color balance, very true to the monitor. When I started to run low on the Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta, I replaced the cartridges with some from Inkgrabber. My prints immediately had a green cast to them. I printed the identical pictures on the identical photo paper and what used to be a neutral grey was now a light green. I played around with different brands of generic ink, different papers, but never got back to the original color balance, everything had a greener cast. I ended up going back to only genuine Canon cartridges, but even with these Inow get the green cast. I am printing the exact same shots that I did when I first got the printer, on the same paper with the same settings. I ran through several cleaning cycles, yet I can't get rid of the greenish cast. Interestingly, I seem to get this only on photo paper,more on some brands than others, but always distinct.Regular paper, however,gets a perfect color balance. Any ideas what could have happened???-
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2005, 5:35 PM   #2

Ok, I found the problem. I had installed a BCI-3 photo cyan cartridge. That was the whole problem. Now that I replaced it with the proper BCI-6 cartridge, prints are as perfect as they ever were. Silly me!
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote