Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Jun 28, 2005, 7:54 PM   #91

iSAPS Guy wrote:I can just imagine them. 辞世の句 (jisei no ku) ending with 私は深い恥を感じる! followed by 腹切り and 追腹. Pardon my poor syntax :G

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 12:33 PM   #92

YOU LIED
YOU LIED
YOU LIED

NOT GOOD
NOT GOOD
NOT GOOD

NO MORE CREDABILITY
NO MORE CREDABILITY
NO MORE CREDABILTY

ITS OVER
ITS OVER
ITS OVER

adydula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 8:22 AM   #93

Sorry guys. Here is what I know, see and experienced in my job and real life.
Epson were the first good photo printers. HP managed to be an expensive and lower quality alternative. This has changed with Canon latest products.
Whatever you could all say, since Canon 850, Canon has managed to become the best, faster, less expensive, quieter all day printing solution, including photo. Epson makes bigger, heavier, louder more professional and sophisticated products, but as far as I could test less clever products.
Just look at a Canon : it looks ok but it is still some very few cheapo plastic components, however working very well compared to Epson or even HP.
When you look at these you just understand that Canon has a greater engineering and manufacturing process than competition.

I tested in many ways prints and how well it keeps being ok in time. As far as I can tell it is no way a matter of ink that much as a matter of paper. The paper makes it all, not even considering that many of them will go yellow after a couple of years.
So don't be shamed, digital documents are made for that. You want to get the best print, just reprint it whenever you need it.
I still think that once you have the needed result, say Canon i9950 is better than needed, you may go for the better speed and there Canon is unmatched by competition, especially by Epson. Another problem is the price, and I have managed to make some tests and Canon has won all of them except some big professional products that are only on par with it like Designjet photo series and other A2 models from Epson and some other professional from HP.

Some people experienced problems printing on 175/190g paper on Canon. I had seen such problems on Epson (1270). Now this is clearly related to using thin glossy paper. I never had such problems on mate papers, including thin ones, or heavy glossy paper (I always use heavier than 250g for glossy).

Then about papers I have my own best finds for the price. It's tetenal matte 130g for the mate (A3) and Ilford professional glossy (A3 and A3+). Tetenal matte isn't totally white but some little bit blueish white but, the results are really great, especially for the price, and you can print on both sides.

janlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2005, 4:28 PM   #94

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
BTW, there is another thread on here where WE are testing and trying out the BCI-7 inks here! We have contact in Japan and are already using them. Just because something is not here yet doesn't mean it's impossible to get.
What's this we business? Someone bought inks from Japan. Singular pronoun denoting gender... you have nothing to do with it.

And what's this "We have a contact in Japan"... it's amazon.co.jp ! What is it with you marketing guys that make you read simple statements and dress them up as some form of professional conspiricy. While I'm sure some people around here might have legit Japanses contacts, amazon doesn't count as "business contact". It's a freaking global website.

But even if one can order inks from japan, you gotta add the time to get across the ocean and the cost to ship across the ocean.... and guess what... it adds to the cost. If we(sic) had a contact in japan we(sic) could ship them in a bubble wrap envelope, mark as stationary supplies and save a bundle, but because we(sic) don't have a REAL contact but a professional global company they gotta do parcel par avion costing a minium of ¥3000. Add to that each cart costs about ¥1000 and boom, for the ip4000 we're talking ¥8000 for a refill or $70 US or $14/pop just in case you can't remember what a yen is after visiting japan.

So no, they are not impossible to get, but shipping overseas makes them cost MORE than epson ultra chrome pigment inks, which according to wilhelm research, the site you spam everywhere you can, last longer under glass. This is why you shouldn't listen to simple retail employees, they either don't have a clue how the world works or know and leave out important details. Given you have a business degree you have no excuse for this ignorance. Your argument that canons are the so cheap to operate fails under the gotta order your ink from cross an ocean.

But lucky for US on this side of the globe where according to you are the last stop for new products there are a whole slew of companys who's business it is to make ink, with an absolute ton of options not offered by the major companies.

Old Jul 17, 2005, 9:21 PM   #95

CANON USA, CLI-8 Cartridges are HERE, in the US and currently on TWO Models. I can see where this will be going in it sounds cool.

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...hromaLifeIndex

ChromaLife100 is HERE in the USU! WHOOO HOOOO

With imprvoed contast on black:

"Higher-density black provides improved contrast. The new dye-based black ink in Genuine Canon CLI-8 and BCI-16 inks boosts optical density (OD) values compared to previous generation product. The improved black increases the contrast not only in black areas but throughout the entire image, enabling the creation of high-quality photo prints with a dynamic three-dimensional feel."

iSAPS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 6:15 AM   #96

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
CANON USA, CLI-8 Cartridges are HERE, in the US and currently on TWO Models. I can see where this will be going in it sounds cool.

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure where you get the "8" from, but the new ink set will be the BCI-7 series ink, Chroma-Life100, having 100 year archival quality. It replaces the 6 series and will probably take a firmware upgrade to covert current Canon Pixma printers.
If your so in the know why were you ignorant of the cli-8s last month?
How is this helpful to owners of wide carriage inkjets? I don't know any place to even buy a ip4200 let alone the model number of the printer to replace the ip4200.
Can you buy a wide-carriage inkjet with cli-8s and if not why are you posting this to the wide-carriage inkjet forum?

Code:
"Thank you for your inquiry. We value you as a Canon customer and 
appreciate the opportunity to assist you. 

The new ChromaLife100 ink tanks exclusively work with the new PIXMA 
printers that are being released at the same time and after. The reason 
being that they have little microchips installed into each ink tank to 
function properly with the print head. These microchips allow for 
better ink meter notification. If any other assistance is needed, then 
please feel free to contact us again and we will be glad to help you. 
Thank you for choosing Canon. 

Sincerely, 

Stephen 
Technical Support Representative"
Are you telling us if we want Chroma-Life100 inks for our i9900 or other existing canons we have to mail order them from over seas spending twice the price or more than epsons ultra-chrome pigment inks? If so why are you posting this to a thread with the subject r1800 vs i9900?

Old Jul 18, 2005, 6:53 AM   #97

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure where you get the "8" from, but the new ink set will be the BCI-7 series ink, Chroma-Life100, having 100 year archival quality. It replaces the 6 series and will probably take a firmware upgrade to covert current Canon Pixma printers.
If your so in the know why were you ignorant of the cli-8s last month?
How is this helpful to owners of wide carriage inkjets? I don't know any place to even buy a ip4200 let alone the model number of the printer to replace the ip4200.
Can you buy a wide-carriage inkjet with cli-8s and if not why are you posting this to the wide-carriage inkjet forum?

Code:
"Thank you for your inquiry. We value you as a Canon customer and 
appreciate the opportunity to assist you. 

The new ChromaLife100 ink tanks exclusively work with the new PIXMA 
printers that are being released at the same time and after. The reason 
being that they have little microchips installed into each ink tank to 
function properly with the print head. These microchips allow for 
better ink meter notification. If any other assistance is needed, then 
please feel free to contact us again and we will be glad to help you. 
Thank you for choosing Canon. 

Sincerely, 

Stephen 
Technical Support Representative"
Are you telling us if we want Chroma-Life100 inks for our i9900 or other existing canons we have to mail order them from over seas spending twice the price or more than epsons ultra-chrome pigment inks?

"Are you telling us if we want Chroma-Life100 inks for our i9900 or other existing canons we have to mail order them from over seas spending twice the price or more than epsons ultra-chrome pigment inks?"

First off, I'm getting real daym sick of someone assuming that I know everything is there is to know about Canon products; I take offense to the statement above, as IF I AM THE CEO and Director of the WHOLE FRIGGIN COMPANY! Let me check something out, TAKE YOUR FRIPPIN GRIPE and SEND A CERTIFIED LETTER TO THE FOLLOWING PERSON: FUJIO MITARIAL, president and CEO, Canon INC. That way you WILL insure HE signs for it and gets it. ANYONE, and I repeat ANYONE that has worked in the indurstry WELL knows that the answer given by a "technical support rep" is an answer THEY have been told to say about something whereas they do NOT have all of the information yet. THESE PRODUCTS ARE JUST STARTING TO COME OUT! I will REPEAT AGAIN, I AM NOT the president and CEO, I WILL TRIPLE SPACE THIS:

" I D O N O T K N O W "

IN MY OWN READING, and that's ALL I know, is ONLY what I read off of the Canon USA website site, SO FAR, and again I will say, SO FAR, the new ink set has been released as is currently working in ONLY their newest USA model, the IP4200. IN MY understanding from what I READ, the new ink formula exists also in the BCI-16 that goes in the ip90 portable printer AND and, WAIT let me check the web site, the CL41/51 for the two cartridge systems.

AGAIN, IN MY OWN READING and BROWSING THE WEB SITE, ZAKEZUKE said,

"we have to mail order them from over seas spending twice the price or more than epsons ultra-chrome pigment inks?"

PERHAPS HE SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE CAONON E-STORE, I was CURIOUS ABOUT THOSE CLI-8 INKS and FOUND THEN ON THE CANON E-STORE. HERE Is the WEB SITE for the FRICKEN INKS:

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...;modelid=11641

AND I WAS NOT TOLD THIS, I FOUND IT, BY LOOOOOKING!

I DID SAY IN MY OLDER STATEMENTS, AND LET ME FRICKIN QUOTE MYSELF, "I'm NOT SURE", ...."And will PROBABLY take a firmware update". NONE of those words are FOR SURE or denote an ABSOLUTE. THE REAL ANSWER, "ONLY TIME WILL TELL". The entire NEW LINE has NOT been introduced yet, I ONLY KNOW THIS BECAUSE I DO NOT SEEEEE IT YET ON THE WEB SITE. WE ALWAYS READ from one region or country to another that NOT everything that comes out in one part of the world will be exactly the same in another part of the world. For example, the newest Canon large format in Japan that uses the Chromalife inks are slightly differen from what was introduced HERE, in the US. I ink formula is NOT different, but the cartridge "SEEEMS" different. Also, what has been released over in Europe now for the new Chromalife inks?, Well, as far as I can seeee, NOTHING! Usually, the European site HAS the newest products and offerings BEFORE the US, but aparently this is NOT the case this time. IF ZAKEZUKE is tired of what a "LOWLY" technical support rep says, because that's ALL he knows, then he DOES have a telephone and SHOULD CALL CANON CORPORATE, write some DAYM letters; send them certified, SUE THE DAYM company for ALL their wrong doing, don't just sit here in this is little FRICKIN forum and BLAST other people that are soo far down on the food chain, they DO NOT deserve to be battered on.

I DID READ..and I'll say again, READ that one people that have got (last month), the 8 color inks from Japan here going to try them on their current pixma's here, in the US and ALSO I READ, and I repeat READ that the japanese driver for the similiar models HERE will accept the new ink, BUT NOT SURE how that turned out. WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.

Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:18 AM   #98

tyranix wrote:
Quote:
Idiots shop at Best Buy since Best Buy carries mostly low end crap. At least at CompUSA, you can buy some high end products. At least CompUSA has a decent Apple section. Just take a look at the printers they offer.....hardly any wide format, and barely any laser printers. If you talked to a pro and attempted to show your *cough* expertise referencing your employment at Best Buy, you'd get laughed out of the building, so iSAPS, plz stop your trolling. And just to let you know, Canon in Japan has dropped the IP5000 and the 1 picoliter droplet size since it was a gimmick to begin with. All the new replacement models such as the IP4100 and even the IP9910 use the 2 picoliter droplet size. And just for your info, Canon has now begun to adopt the pigment inks in their imagePROGRAF W8400:

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...;modelid=11258

So obviously Canon realizes they are falling behind HP and Epson in the pro market.

And here are the links for Canon's new line-up which has reverted to the 2 picoliter droplet size:

http://cweb.canon.jp/pixus/lineup/index-a3.html

http://cweb.canon.jp/pixus/lineup/index-ip.html
You're so HIGH and MIGHTY NOW, get ready to EAT YOUR FRIGGIN WORDS. REMEMBER WHEN YOU MENTIONED CANON WOULD BE "DROPPING" the IP5000 and the "ONE PICOLITRE GIMMICK"?? TELL ME THEN WHY THE HELL DID CANON JUST RELEASE THE IP4200 in the USA, with the SAME FRIGGIN SPECS AS THE IP5000??

FUNNY HUH ON HOW YOU KNOW IT ALL.

THERE IT IS: Check out the link above.

"The PIXMA iP4200 Photo Printer is a high-performance machine, combining exceptional print quality with advanced convenience features. It delivers a resolution of up to 9600 x 2400 color dpi[suP]1[/suP], for amazing detail and clarity. To achieve this, Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) uses a high-performance 1,856-nozzle print head that ejects precise, consistent droplets as small as 1 picoliter, resulting in beautiful photos with virtually no detectable grain."

NO NOW take your money where your MOUTH is and go SUE CANON, for their "GIMMICK", if you know better.

AS I WILL JUST KEEP, "TROLLING" while ALL THE NEW CANON MODELS COME OUT DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS! LOL

LESSON: DO NOT presume to KNOW it all.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:22 AM   #99

tyranix wrote:
Quote:
Canon has dropped the IP5000 kid. Look at the Japanese site and you'll see.....the 1 picoliter gimmick didn't work out too well, as most people reported getting better results from the IP4000. And again getting back to being an expert.....working at Best Buy does NOT qualify you as an expert in the field. Just take a look at the printer offerings of Best Buy....it's a freakin joke. Now go sell a PSP with that washer you just sold son.
I"LL SAY THE SAME THING:

You're so HIGH and MIGHTY NOW, get ready to EAT YOUR FRIGGIN WORDS. REMEMBER WHEN YOU MENTIONED CANON WOULD BE "DROPPING" the IP5000 and the "ONE PICOLITRE GIMMICK"?? TELL ME THEN WHY THE HELL DID CANON JUST RELEASE THE IP4200 in the USA, with the SAME FRIGGIN SPECS AS THE IP5000??

FUNNY HUH ON HOW YOU KNOW IT ALL.

THERE IT IS: Check out the link above.

"The PIXMA iP4200 Photo Printer is a high-performance machine, combining exceptional print quality with advanced convenience features. It delivers a resolution of up to 9600 x 2400 color dpi[suP]1[/suP], for amazing detail and clarity. To achieve this, Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) uses a high-performance 1,856-nozzle print head that ejects precise, consistent droplets as small as 1 picoliter, resulting in beautiful photos with virtually no detectable grain."

NO NOW take your money where your MOUTH is and go SUE CANON, for their "GIMMICK", if you know better.

AS I WILL JUST KEEP, "TROLLING" while ALL THE NEW CANON MODELS COME OUT DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS! LOL

LESSON: DO NOT presume to KNOW it all.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 3:04 PM   #100

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
"Are you telling us if we want Chroma-Life100 inks for our i9900 or other existing canons we have to mail order them from over seas spending twice the price or more than epsons ultra-chrome pigment inks?"

First off, I'm getting real daym sick of someone assuming that I know everything is there is to know about Canon products; I take offense to the statement above, as IF I AM THE CEO and Director of the WHOLE FRIGGIN COMPANY! Let me check something out, TAKE YOUR FRIPPIN GRIPE and SEND A CERTIFIED LETTER TO THE FOLLOWING PERSON: FUJIO MITARIAL, president and CEO, Canon INC. That way you WILL insure HE signs for it and gets it. ANYONE, and I repeat ANYONE that has worked in the indurstry WELL knows that the answer given by a "technical support rep" is an answer THEY have been told to say about something whereas they do NOT have all of the information yet. THESE PRODUCTS ARE JUST STARTING TO COME OUT! I will REPEAT AGAIN, I AM NOT the president and CEO, I WILL TRIPLE SPACE THIS:

" I D O N O T K N O W "

IN MY OWN READING, and that's ALL I know, is ONLY what I read off of the Canon USA website site, SO FAR, and again I will say, SO FAR, the new ink set has been released as is currently working in ONLY their newest USA model, the IP4200. IN MY understanding from what I READ, the new ink formula exists also in the BCI-16 that goes in the ip90 portable printer AND and, WAIT let me check the web site, the CL41/51 for the two cartridge systems.

AGAIN, IN MY OWN READING and BROWSING THE WEB SITE, ZAKEZUKE said,

"we have to mail order them from over seas spending twice the price or more than epsons ultra-chrome pigment inks?"

PERHAPS HE SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE CAONON E-STORE, I was CURIOUS ABOUT THOSE CLI-8 INKS and FOUND THEN ON THE CANON E-STORE. HERE Is the WEB SITE for the FRICKEN INKS:

AND I WAS NOT TOLD THIS, I FOUND IT, BY LOOOOOKING!

I DID SAY IN MY OLDER STATEMENTS, AND LET ME FRICKIN QUOTE MYSELF, "I'm NOT SURE", ...."And will PROBABLY take a firmware update". NONE of those words are FOR SURE or denote an ABSOLUTE. THE REAL ANSWER, "ONLY TIME WILL TELL". The entire NEW LINE has NOT been introduced yet, I ONLY KNOW THIS BECAUSE I DO NOT SEEEEE IT YET ON THE WEB SITE. WE ALWAYS READ from one region or country to another that NOT everything that comes out in one part of the world will be exactly the same in another part of the world. For example, the newest Canon large format in Japan that uses the Chromalife inks are slightly differen from what was introduced HERE, in the US. I ink formula is NOT different, but the cartridge "SEEEMS" different. Also, what has been released over in Europe now for the new Chromalife inks?, Well, as far as I can seeee, NOTHING! Usually, the European site HAS the newest products and offerings BEFORE the US, but aparently this is NOT the case this time. IF ZAKEZUKE is tired of what a "LOWLY" technical support rep says, because that's ALL he knows, then he DOES have a telephone and SHOULD CALL CANON CORPORATE, write some DAYM letters; send them certified, SUE THE DAYM company for ALL their wrong doing, don't just sit here in this is little FRICKIN forum and BLAST other people that are soo far down on the food chain, they DO NOT deserve to be battered on.

I DID READ..and I'll say again, READ that one people that have got (last month), the 8 color inks from Japan here going to try them on their current pixma's here, in the US and ALSO I READ, and I repeat READ that the japanese driver for the similiar models HERE will accept the new ink, BUT NOT SURE how that turned out. WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.
Why are you so fixcated with the idea presenting your case in a "if you don't believe me sue 'em". A law suit is the last resort when having a dispute. This is hardly a mature attitude from a consumer or someone who claims to officaly represent canon. Ultimatly as an end user the best thing I can do is share my experences with others.

I believe the question was can you even get the ip4200 or a i9900 in this country yet. You pointed out you can read them on the website. Great. You found it by looking around. This is a problem. Any monkey could find lots of stuff on the web by just looking around. Mr. isaps guy, you seem to have some problem with reading comprehention. You see the issue isn't with the tech support person, the issue is with you no doesn't seem to understand that you are posting in a thread titled "Epson R1800 vs Canon i9900" in a forum titled "Wide Carriage Inkjet". The issue is with you who seems keen on the idea of hijacking every thread and copy and pasting everything you can find from the canon marketing department. The issue is with you who doesn't seem to understand basic netiquette. The issue is with you presenting your self as an expert yet throwing a fit when people start asking questions. The issue is with you flying off the handle because you don't have any reading comprehention.

You see my unobservent spammer, the CLI-8s don't fit in older canons. The BCI-7 do fit. What part of this don't you understand? The CLI-8s have chips onboard that measure. the BCI-7s you could mail order from japan but this takes time and costs more money than Epson ultra-chrome inks which are more waterfast and lightfast according to the sites you linked us to.

Let me bold and color this so you can actually read CLI-8 don't fit in older canons!!! Unless you know something I nor lowely technical support doesn't know. It's your job after all... it's your job to know more than I do. I really want to know... go fetch.

You brag about having your MIS and MSCE and CCNA/CCNP yet can't figure out that a square peg fits in a round hole? I thought that was on the MSCE.

Oh but you admited you jsut found it on the web. Are you now saying that the only contribution you can make is crusing the web and posting links to neat and new information that you know nothing about?

You see i'm not tired of what a lowely tech support rep says. Perhaps you should try asking lowely technical support before trying to present your self as an expert. You might actually learn something. Not that you need to. You've been to Japan, you've heard the engineers speak, your the expert... granted the expert that throws a fit when ever asked questions. "I'm not the engineer" "I'm not the CEO" "If you don't believe me sue canon".

Code:
then he DOES have a  telephone and SHOULD CALL CANON CORPORATE, write some DAYM letters;  send them certified, SUE THE DAYM company for ALL their wrong doing,  don't just sit here in this is little FRICKIN forum and BLAST other  people that are soo far down on the food chain, they DO NOT deserve to  be battered on.
You see... the problem is your ego is so big and you are trying to prove something, but when anyone questions you it gets brused and you lash out. Now you present the CLI-8 inks that are now in the country... great. They cost more than pigment inks but we'll wait and see if they are worth it. Now why don't you be a good little marketing dude and actually find out which printers they go in... if you don't know you can ask a lowely technical support represenative. This is your job. After you find out why not actually find an approperate forum and either an approperate thread or start a new one. You'll find your far less likely to annoy people that way, that's a good boy. Why don't you take the time to ask about the BCI-7s you know the ones that actually fit in the current series of canons... find out when they are getting in the country, and start a new post in the correct forum on the subject. And kick who ever didn't just make a new bci-8/bci-8e tank... those would have been nice.

But don't whine about being treated unfairly. Your not. We have etiquette for a reason, so feelings don't get hurt. Rather than blazing on this board and posting 50 times in random threads your printer is broken because it's not a canon perhaps you should have actually observed for a while, get the lay of the land, perhaps answer some questions regarding canon and any new information rather than hijacking other threads start a new one. Take the time to look at the name of the form and think whether or not it's apperate. Don't throw a fit if someone gets annoyed because you stepped on their toes, be accountable for your own actions, be a man (or a woman in case you don't have a winkle). Even Mosaic has *some* standards for spamming and their reps are expected to be professional and now throw fits. Perhaps once you get over your self you can actually make a contribution, learn some basic net manners, you can not only help someone out with *useful* information but have this information archived for others to see. While the technique of trying to make people feel stupid with a condescending attitude and flooding them with useless acronyms might work to get the sales numbers you brag about, this isn't your retail enviroment. Perhaps once you understand the difference you might actually do something productive for a change.

If you are indeed hired by Canon, even if your just some flunky at Mosaic with a canon t-shirt you do have to conform to a set of standards.