Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Jul 18, 2005, 3:45 PM   #101

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
FUJIO MITARIAL, president and CEO, Canon INC. That way you WILL insure HE signs for it and gets it. ANYONE, and I repeat ANYONE that has worked in the indurstry WELL knows that the answer given by a "technical support rep" is an answer THEY have been told to say about something whereas they do NOT have all of the information yet.
If you are don't have faith in their technical support why don't you do the leg work and actually provide legit contact information.

It's not often I send a letter to a CEO. But in case you are interested I am writing a letter to Canon's CEO but I wasn't aware that Mr. Fujio Mataral was named president.

Generally speaking large companies don't appricate it with their underlings throw fits and say "talk to the CEO". They are generally very busy people and don't appricate matters that can be handeled by other departmetns. As soon as I work out the syntax i'll be sure to include your name. What company do you work for? I mean the ones that actually issue you your checks. I assume your in Wisconson as you said you were local to UKSYS... or whatever that mail order frim was you ordered your ip5000 from and paid a fraction of what we would pay. But I'm going to assume you know the company better than I do and make sure you said to contact him.

Generally speaking I only resort to contacting the higher ups when the lower downs are not doing their job... like being stuck at level one tech support without any means of moving up the chain. It usually results in an apology, some real contact information, and if HP I get some jelly babies.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 4:22 PM   #102

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
"Are you telling us if we want Chroma-Life100 inks for our i9900 or other existing canons we have to mail order them from over seas spending twice the price or more than epsons ultra-chrome pigment inks?"

First off, I'm getting real daym sick of someone assuming that I know everything is there is to know about Canon products; I take offense to the statement above, as IF I AM THE CEO and Director of the WHOLE FRIGGIN COMPANY! Let me check something out, TAKE YOUR FRIPPIN GRIPE and SEND A CERTIFIED LETTER TO THE FOLLOWING PERSON: FUJIO MITARIAL, president and CEO, Canon INC. That way you WILL insure HE signs for it and gets it. ANYONE, and I repeat ANYONE that has worked in the indurstry WELL knows that the answer given by a "technical support rep" is an answer THEY have been told to say about something whereas they do NOT have all of the information yet. THESE PRODUCTS ARE JUST STARTING TO COME OUT! I will REPEAT AGAIN, I AM NOT the president and CEO, I WILL TRIPLE SPACE THIS:

" I D O N O T K N O W "

IN MY OWN READING, and that's ALL I know, is ONLY what I read off of the Canon USA website site, SO FAR, and again I will say, SO FAR, the new ink set has been released as is currently working in ONLY their newest USA model, the IP4200. IN MY understanding from what I READ, the new ink formula exists also in the BCI-16 that goes in the ip90 portable printer AND and, WAIT let me check the web site, the CL41/51 for the two cartridge systems.

AGAIN, IN MY OWN READING and BROWSING THE WEB SITE, ZAKEZUKE said,

"we have to mail order them from over seas spending twice the price or more than epsons ultra-chrome pigment inks?"

PERHAPS HE SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE CAONON E-STORE, I was CURIOUS ABOUT THOSE CLI-8 INKS and FOUND THEN ON THE CANON E-STORE. HERE Is the WEB SITE for the FRICKEN INKS:

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...;modelid=11641

AND I WAS NOT TOLD THIS, I FOUND IT, BY LOOOOOKING!

I DID SAY IN MY OLDER STATEMENTS, AND LET ME FRICKIN QUOTE MYSELF, "I'm NOT SURE", ...."And will PROBABLY take a firmware update". NONE of those words are FOR SURE or denote an ABSOLUTE. THE REAL ANSWER, "ONLY TIME WILL TELL". The entire NEW LINE has NOT been introduced yet, I ONLY KNOW THIS BECAUSE I DO NOT SEEEEE IT YET ON THE WEB SITE. WE ALWAYS READ from one region or country to another that NOT everything that comes out in one part of the world will be exactly the same in another part of the world. For example, the newest Canon large format in Japan that uses the Chromalife inks are slightly differen from what was introduced HERE, in the US. I ink formula is NOT different, but the cartridge "SEEEMS" different. Also, what has been released over in Europe now for the new Chromalife inks?, Well, as far as I can seeee, NOTHING! Usually, the European site HAS the newest products and offerings BEFORE the US, but aparently this is NOT the case this time. IF ZAKEZUKE is tired of what a "LOWLY" technical support rep says, because that's ALL he knows, then he DOES have a telephone and SHOULD CALL CANON CORPORATE, write some DAYM letters; send them certified, SUE THE DAYM company for ALL their wrong doing, don't just sit here in this is little FRICKIN forum and BLAST other people that are soo far down on the food chain, they DO NOT deserve to be battered on.

I DID READ..and I'll say again, READ that one people that have got (last month), the 8 color inks from Japan here going to try them on their current pixma's here, in the US and ALSO I READ, and I repeat READ that the japanese driver for the similiar models HERE will accept the new ink, BUT NOT SURE how that turned out. WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.
Why are you so fixcated with the idea presenting your case in a "if you don't believe me sue 'em". A law suit is the last resort when having a dispute. This is hardly a mature attitude from a consumer or someone who claims to officaly represent canon. Ultimatly as an end user the best thing I can do is share my experences with others.

I believe the question was can you even get the ip4200 or a i9900 in this country yet. You pointed out you can read them on the website. Great. You found it by looking around. This is a problem. Any monkey could find lots of stuff on the web by just looking around. Mr. isaps guy, you seem to have some problem with reading comprehention. You see the issue isn't with the tech support person, the issue is with you no doesn't seem to understand that you are posting in a thread titled "Epson R1800 vs Canon i9900" in a forum titled "Wide Carriage Inkjet". The issue is with you who seems keen on the idea of hijacking every thread and copy and pasting everything you can find from the canon marketing department. The issue is with you who doesn't seem to understand basic netiquette. The issue is with you presenting your self as an expert yet throwing a fit when people start asking questions. The issue is with you flying off the handle because you don't have any reading comprehention.

You see my unobservent spammer, the CLI-8s don't fit in older canons. The BCI-7 do fit. What part of this don't you understand? The CLI-8s have chips onboard that measure. the BCI-7s you could mail order from japan but this takes time and costs more money than Epson ultra-chrome inks which are more waterfast and lightfast according to the sites you linked us to.

Let me bold and color this so you can actually read CLI-8 don't fit in older canons!!! Unless you know something I nor lowely technical support doesn't know. It's your job after all... it's your job to know more than I do. I really want to know... go fetch.

You brag about having your MIS and MSCE and CCNA/CCNP yet can't figure out that a square peg fits in a round hole? I thought that was on the MSCE.

Oh but you admited you jsut found it on the web. Are you now saying that the only contribution you can make is crusing the web and posting links to neat and new information that you know nothing about?

You see i'm not tired of what a lowely tech support rep says. Perhaps you should try asking lowely technical support before trying to present your self as an expert. You might actually learn something. Not that you need to. You've been to Japan, you've heard the engineers speak, your the expert... granted the expert that throws a fit when ever asked questions. "I'm not the engineer" "I'm not the CEO" "If you don't believe me sue canon".

Code:
then he DOES have a telephone and SHOULD CALL CANON CORPORATE, write some DAYM letters; send them certified, SUE THE DAYM company for ALL their wrong doing, don't just sit here in this is little FRICKIN forum and BLAST other people that are soo far down on the food chain, they DO NOT deserve to be battered on.
You see... the problem is your ego is so big and you are trying to prove something, but when anyone questions you it gets brused and you lash out. Now you present the CLI-8 inks that are now in the country... great. They cost more than pigment inks but we'll wait and see if they are worth it. Now why don't you be a good little marketing dude and actually find out which printers they go in... if you don't know you can ask a lowely technical support represenative. This is your job. After you find out why not actually find an approperate forum and either an approperate thread or start a new one. You'll find your far less likely to annoy people that way, that's a good boy. Why don't you take the time to ask about the BCI-7s you know the ones that actually fit in the current series of canons... find out when they are getting in the country, and start a new post in the correct forum on the subject. And kick who ever didn't just make a new bci-8/bci-8e tank... those would have been nice.

But don't whine about being treated unfairly. Your not. We have etiquette for a reason, so feelings don't get hurt. Rather than blazing on this board and posting 50 times in random threads your printer is broken because it's not a canon perhaps you should have actually observed for a while, get the lay of the land, perhaps answer some questions regarding canon and any new information rather than hijacking other threads start a new one. Take the time to look at the name of the form and think whether or not it's apperate. Don't throw a fit if someone gets annoyed because you stepped on their toes, be accountable for your own actions, be a man (or a woman in case you don't have a winkle). Even Mosaic has *some* standards for spamming and their reps are expected to be professional and now throw fits. Perhaps once you get over your self you can actually make a contribution, learn some basic net manners, you can not only help someone out with *useful* information but have this information archived for others to see. While the technique of trying to make people feel stupid with a condescending attitude and flooding them with useless acronyms might work to get the sales numbers you brag about, this isn't your retail enviroment. Perhaps once you understand the difference you might actually do something productive for a change.

If you are indeed hired by Canon, even if your just some flunky at Mosaic with a canon t-shirt you do have to conform to a set of standards.
Here we go again.

(1) First OFF, HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE I POSTED IN THIS THREAD?AND to Quote you, WHO just Lashed OUT against me, with a SLAM to me when I had NOT even posted IN THIS THREAD IN QUITE A WHILE, AND YOU WERE the last ONE to POST.

FROM YOU: "You see the issue isn't with the tech support person, the issue is with you no doesn't seem to understand that you are posting in a thread titled "Epson R1800 vs Canon i9900" in a forum titled "Wide Carriage Inkjet". "

- RESPONSE, YOU are actually contining this, in the prior post I quoted HAD COME FROM YOU and I HAD NOT BEEN POSTING in THIS THREAD ANYMORE, BUT YOU HAD TO BLAST ME WITH A QUOTE FROM MONTHS AGO as if I had all the ANSWERS and made "ABSOLUTE" statements, WHICH I DID NOT.

(2) TALK ABOUT MANNERS and Condescending Statments: QUOTE FROM YOU: "You'll find your far less likely to annoy people that way, that's a good boy." AS WELL, you present your statements as FACT and Absolute, NOT opinion.

(3) I guess I cannot READ, WHERE DID I USE THE WORD, "EXPERT" or Engineer when talking about myself? You seem to claim yourself as an expert.

(4)QUOTE: "You see the issue isn't with the tech support person, the issue is with you no doesn't seem to understand that you are posting in a thread titled "Epson R1800 vs Canon i9900" in a forum titled "Wide Carriage Inkjet".-Another Response, IF I or YOU were to count UP the number posts IN EVERY FORUM on this website that did NOT directly TALK about the thread, and we kicked those people out, HOW MANY WOULD BE LEFT?

(5) As far as the NEW products now being availabe here yet (US). Check out HP's Press Release and the HP8250, CAN I BUY that product IN the stores yet? NO. EVERYONE in the industry knows that when a product is realased by the manufacturer on the net (through their web site), it's NOT immediately availabe in the RETAIL stores. YES, possibly to purchase sooner on the net, but NO ONES new product is avaiable direclty on the day it's "press released".

(6) BCI7/ CLI8SINCE THEY'RE Both given the term "Chromalife100", they are the SAME INKformula. I would guess, do not look for BCI-7 in this country, JUST AS different web sites have said that some procducts ARE REGION SPECIFIC. Again, this is NOT uncommon. The printer that was released in JAPAN starting off with the new Chromalife ink (wide format)set WILL not ever be sold here in the US. That information has be said on the web forever now. Again, REGION specific products.I would think YOU KNOW thisalready and understand that.

(7) Single cartridge Epson inks, pigment and or dye based inks range (RETAIL), for around $13 to 26 EACH, and I did this reseach at 4 of the nations largest retail stores. I KNOW the NET can be much cheater.

(8) "and copy and pasting everything you can find from the canon marketing department" I hardly think WHITE pages and the Technology Document I gave you was "marketing". When you asked me about the printhead technology, I explained it as best I could using all of the correct GENERIC terms that are used in the industry. You SLAM me for using Semi-conductor process, BUT that is really what is used and that is the CORRECT term. The term, Semi-Conductor is NOT like saying the word, "FINE" as is from the marketing department.

(9) Talk about CHIP technologies, COMMON people have banned together MORE than once to SUE Epson and HP over the REASON they put "CHIPS" or have "CHIPPED" catridges. For example, the "CHIP" on the HP cartridge is used to count dropler and even has a built in "expiration date",; Epson as well, uses a "drop count" method and renders the printer "dea" with remaining ink in the cartridge. Even the new chipped Canon cartridge are still CLEAR, SEE THROUGH cartridges and use all of the visible ink in them. (if you tell me you can still squeeze ink out from the small section that acts like a sponge), then I wouldn't be suprised you'd say that's left over ink, LOL.

(10) Quote: "Let me bold and color this so you can actually read CLI-8 don't fit in older canons!!! Unless you know something I nor lowely technical support doesn't know. It's your job after all... it's your job to know more than I do. I really want to know... go fetch." AGAIN, REGION SPECIFIC, YOU KNOW THIS COME ON!!! THERE ARE MANY PRODUCT and ONLY JAPAN and Europe has specifically that NEVER come to the US. Since Canon USA is a subsidary of Canon Japan and also differs from Canon, Europe, the Chromalife100 inks that are now in the US market, WITH the chip obvisouly have reasons behind it, and again, it was probably a decision that Canon made going MUCH higher (on the food chain), than probably ANYONE you to I have ever spoke to at Canon. That's why I said, WRITE the company, send a certified letter. For example, you has technical questions earlier about Canon's printhead technology and I said I'm not sure, well I just read an article online from a interview with the engineers on the W8400; ANSWER - THEY are real people, you can try to contact them and even send a letter.

(11) QUOTE: "Oh but you admited you jsut found it on the web. Are you now saying that the only contribution you can make is crusing the web and posting links to neat and new information that you know nothing about?" Response: I'm sure you assert that I have nothing to add even though I have had Canon printers and other products of theirs AND used them for over 7 years.

(12) QUOTE: "You see my unobservent spammer, the CLI-8s don't fit in older canons. The BCI-7 do fit. What part of this don't you understand? The CLI-8s have chips onboard that measure. the BCI-7s you could mail order from japan but this takes time and costs more money than Epson ultra-chrome inks which are more waterfast and lightfast according to the sites you linked us to." Response - DUH, I know this, anyone would that has READ and kept up on the information from EACH subsidaries seperate site. They are all Chromalife100 ink formula; I KNOW YOU KNOW THIS! You are smart enough to even assume that if it's not written down. ALSO, when you talk about the Epson UltraChrome, YOU are referring to PIGMENT ink and I know that you believe Epson makes the best pigment ink of ANY pigment ink manufacturer, HOWEVER nowhere does canon represent their new inkset as Pigment ink. Again, DUH I know pigment ink lasts longer. HOWEVER, when we talk about DYE based inks, they do overall have a wider color gamut and as far as lightfastness or longevity, this new ink set is even tested based on the photo NOT being under glass. EVERYONE elses claims "under glass", so for dye based inks, this is promising. Again, I wait for the "WILHELM reseach on this new inkset, UNLESS you believe that THEY don't know what doing.

(13) Quote: "This is your job. After you find out why not actually find an approperate forum and either an approperate thread or start a new one." I like it how you presume to KNOW my job when you've admittied that you've NEVER worked in such a field. Agian you pass yourself and your optinions off as FACT and Absuolte and you probably do not mention YOUR job for fear that you'll get blasted for it. I admitted either in this or another post that I worked for Best Buy before and got slammed because I was told that I know nothing becuase I was a Best Buy person and was told to go sell a washer and dryer. I'm sure you laughed over this one.

(14) QUOTE, "you can not only help someone out with *useful* information but have this information archived for others to see" Resonse, OK I've never provided usefull information to otherson here. WELL I recall a few users THANKING me for some of things I said, YOU DOUBT THIS? Do I need to recall those posts and COPY and PASTE them??? You see, ANOTHER slam that I've NEVER provided any *userful* information on here - Your opinion asserted as FACT and Asbolute by YOU.

(15) QUOTE: "If you are indeed hired by Canon, even if your just some flunky at Mosaic with a canon t-shirt you do have to conform to a set of standards." Please correct me IF I AM INDEED wrong, the MARKETING company, MOSIAC represents EPSON. Please prove me wrong on that. Again, your statement was NOT consecending or rude was it? Perhaps I did have not read words from YOU, such as "FLUNKY", "MONKEY", telling me I have no "reading comprehension"; and "spammer". I would bet anyone reading your post would also put into question the use ofderogoatory statements against me; condescending tones and rude behavior. A nd you speak of politeness and mannaers; I ASK AGAIN, WHO just posted most recently with a QUOTE from me, SLAMMING what I said weeks ago as fact and absolute? AGAIN, WHO posted MOST recently? YOU did. DID you objectively voice a question or concern, (AND REALLY WANT AN ANSWER),or did you QUOTE something I said weeks ago and SLAM me for it????? Anyone reading that original POST you just put up that started all this agian, WAS meant in a derogatory manner against me.

QUOTE: "Generally speaking I only resort to contacting the higher ups when the lower downs are not doing their job... like being stuck at level one tech support without any means of moving up the chain. It usually results in an apology, some real contact information, and if HP I get some jelly babies." NOW how derogatory is that??? You have carefully neglected to NOT mention YOUR employer or YOUR profession. I guess there's a good reason for that. AGAIN, I realize that the CEO and president is NOT in charge or the actual developing of technologies, he's a bussinessman, possibly, but probably not an engineer or scientist. but by researching you can find all of the contact people, for every department for Canon. Sales, Markeing, R&D, Procurement, ECT. I have worked for four different technical support companies, and again, those people do NOT have all the answers. My best answer is that the people working in R&D probably have the answers to all of your questions. AND if a tech support repdoes NOT have an answer, chances are, the company realizes that there are things that the public, as a whole as not suppose to know yet.

Ever heard or a NON-Diclose agrement. Perhaps some people on here don't want to lose their jobs due to not GIVING you ALL the answers to all of the questions you have. Perhaps the thought of losing a job is more important and NOT diclosing certain information is a function of the JOB, not an excuse or someone NOT doing their job. If a tech support person gives you a remarkably, crafted "marketing" type of answer that basically says they dont know about something, CONSISDER that they ARE NOT ALLOWED to give the answer, WHEN perhaps they do KNOW all about what you're asking about. That is also another standard in the industry, in all departments; it's called non-disclosure.

Comprehension

iSAPS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:38 PM   #103

Related Subject for EpsonR1800 vs Canon i9900

I came across this article and thought I'd share it on this thread since it deals with these two printers, among some other, including the newest large format from HP. Even though the article talked about Epson on the archival quality, it's reseach really dealt with testing color gamut in three areas or "regions" as the article puts it. The review gave a conclusion that The Canon i9900, although retaining a small advantage, gave the highest overall color gamut available today. I've also read that people are asking for a definition of what is "archivable". In selling prints, does the print have to retain it's durability from 100-200 years under glass, or is 38 years under glass acceptable? Anyways, it's a good article that was, what seem to be written in favor of the Epson printer and gave high marks for Canon's color gamut with the addition of red and green. Here's the article. Although not released yet, with Epson having the R1800 and HP having the latest large format out, the HP8750, Canon is next on the "waiting" list to unveil an upgrade to the i9900 in the US. More than likely, having the new ChromaLife100 inks, dye based durability has now been increased even more. It'll be interesting to see what the experts at "Wilhelm" research/labs say about Canon's new ink set. Also, in reading about them, the new photo black is said to have a higher density and therefore having even better contrast then the previous BCI-6 black. I guess we'll see. HAPPY READING the article. I appologize if anyone doesn't think this fits in this thread.

http://www.dpnow.com/1867.html Epson UltraChrome K3 inks on test

Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:30 PM   #104

Quote:
Ever heard or a NON-Diclose agrement. Perhaps some people on here don't want to lose their jobs due to not GIVING you ALL the answers to all of the questions you have. Perhaps the thought of losing a job is more important and NOT diclosing certain information is a function of the JOB, not an excuse or someone NOT doing their job. If a tech support person gives you a remarkably, crafted "marketing" type of answer that basically says they dont know about something, CONSISDER that they ARE NOT ALLOWED to give the answer, WHEN perhaps they do KNOW all about what you're asking about. That is also another standard in the industry, in all departments; it's called non-disclosure.
I've heard of non-disclosure but your the bugger who asked for a copy of the service manual for the mp7x0 series to help translate it. You didn't seem worried about it then but I was thoughtful and didn't discuss the matter with you assuming you worked for Canon directly. It was thoughtful but could cost you your job.

You were totally ignorant of the beurocrasy regarding getting the developers kit and the non-discolsure that goes with it. You just went yuck yuck yuck if you had a clue you could make your own drivers. It seems to me that you are trying to use big words to make me feel stupid when you've shown no evidence what so ever.

Why are you flying off the handle regarding technical support. They gave a good answer regarding the cli-8 inks that they. I have NO idea where you work, I suspect it's Mosiac but I'm not sure. You seem to get your specs from PC mag and not anything from canon so this would sugest that you don't have access to anything priority.

The rest of your responces are tripe and have nothing to do with the following.

1. What does the CLI-8 inks have to do with Wide Carriage inkjets? Do they fit any?
2. What do they have to do with the i9900? Support says they don't fit. Are you saying they are idiots and don't know.
3. What about the BCI-7s... are they comming to this country or must one order them from over seas.
4. Why are you getting confused about BCI-7 and CLI-8s. Why do you go psycho and point to the canon website and throw a baby fit. What use are they if the printers are not for sale in this country. Are you unaware that most people buy ink from retail stores and don't even bother with the websites?
5. Why are you not paying attention and actually answering the questions people have regarding BCI-7s and CLI-8. Quit throwing a childish tantrum and actually do your job.
6. Why can't you graps simple ediquette of actually posting approperate information in approperate forums.
7. Why spend so much time trying to prove your self bagging about your MIS and Microsoft and Cisco certifications, and meeting the engineers or at least hearing them speak. Why throw tantrum when someone was trying to point out that your probally posting to the wrong thread, perhaps even the wrong forum and that support says they don't fit the printers in this thread.

This is the issue... you found something on a website that you should was cool, the new CLI-8 inks. Wooo Hooo. Well great.... share this with someone who's actually asking them about them... not some other thread where someone was complaining about your attempt to qualify customers on a public forum.

If you think i'm being unfair.... take a look at your self. You're acting like a low class spammer in an enviroment that is actually tolerant of venders and suppliers. Rather than abusing the system like so many Mosaic employees seem to do and making every blog a mirror of the canon marketing engine, get off your high horse and actually answer some dang questions people have. If you don't have the answers don't throw fits... say you don't know or find out.

Might I reccomend you actually review http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-a buse-faq/part1/index.html while the rules there don't nessicarly apply here there is some good common sence information to review.

Don't try to shine the spotlight on me... this is about you. I'm sorry if your fragile ego can't take critism but this has nothing to do with me it has to do with you and you.

Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:47 PM   #105

does anyone know anything about conpatable Inks in the epson 1800 printer I got some from http://www.inkjetcartridge.com/r800bundle.html But have not tried to use them yet. Some feedback on the subject would be nice.

sparkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:48 PM   #106

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've heard of non-disclosure but your the bugger who asked for a copy of the service manual for the mp7x0 series to help translate it. You didn't seem worried about it then but I was thoughtful and didn't discuss the matter with you assuming you worked for Canon directly. It was thoughtful but could cost you your job.

You were totally ignorant of the beurocrasy regarding getting the developers kit and the non-discolsure that goes with it. You just went yuck yuck yuck if you had a clue you could make your own drivers. It seems to me that you are trying to use big words to make me feel stupid when you've shown no evidence what so ever.

Why are you flying off the handle regarding technical support. They gave a good answer regarding the cli-8 inks that they. I have NO idea where you work, I suspect it's Mosiac but I'm not sure. You seem to get your specs from PC mag and not anything from canon so this would sugest that you don't have access to anything priority.

The rest of your responces are tripe and have nothing to do with the following.

1. What does the CLI-8 inks have to do with Wide Carriage inkjets? Do they fit any?
2. What do they have to do with the i9900? Support says they don't fit. Are you saying they are idiots and don't know.
3. What about the BCI-7s... are they comming to this country or must one order them from over seas.
4. Why are you getting confused about BCI-7 and CLI-8s. Why do you go psycho and point to the canon website and throw a baby fit. What use are they if the printers are not for sale in this country. Are you unaware that most people buy ink from retail stores and don't even bother with the websites?
5. Why are you not paying attention and actually answering the questions people have regarding BCI-7s and CLI-8. Quit throwing a childish tantrum and actually do your job.
6. Why can't you graps simple ediquette of actually posting approperate information in approperate forums.
7. Why spend so much time trying to prove your self bagging about your MIS and Microsoft and Cisco certifications, and meeting the engineers or at least hearing them speak. Why throw tantrum when someone was trying to point out that your probally posting to the wrong thread, perhaps even the wrong forum and that support says they don't fit the printers in this thread.

This is the issue... you found something on a website that you should was cool, the new CLI-8 inks. Wooo Hooo. Well great.... share this with someone who's actually asking them about them... not some other thread where someone was complaining about your attempt to qualify customers on a public forum.

If you think i'm being unfair.... take a look at your self. You're acting like a low class spammer in an enviroment that is actually tolerant of venders and suppliers. Rather than abusing the system like so many Mosaic employees seem to do and making every blog a mirror of the canon marketing engine, get off your high horse and actually answer some dang questions people have. If you don't have the answers don't throw fits... say you don't know or find out.

Might I reccomend you actually review http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-a buse-faq/part1/index.html while the rules there don't nessicarly apply here there is some good common sence information to review.

Don't try to shine the spotlight on me... this is about you. I'm sorry if your fragile ego can't take critism but this has nothing to do with me it has to do with you and you.

okay, WHERE did I recently mention, in my LAST responses to you, the following:

1. WHERE did I mention Microsoft and CCNA certifications in my last post? You mention it here AGAIN.

2. YOU are the CONFUSED ONE. LET ME PUT THIS TO REST the BCI7 and the CLI8 ARE THE SAME DAYM FORMULA, it's ALL CALLED CHROMALIFE100. MOVE TO FRIGGIN EUROPE or JAPAN if you WANT THESE. You are confused, AGAIN, region specifc products, YOU KNOW THIS. Janpan, for example has a model LIKE the IP8500, but IT'S NOT CALLED THE IP8500 IS IT? Different name in another country! I KNOW YOU CAN GRASP THIS! QUICK AND DIRECTOR ANSWER, BCI-7 to the US = NO NO and again NO, not going to happen (how's that for an answer).

3. AGAIN, MOSIAC represents "EPSON". Go to Mosiac.com and CALL THEM,THEY represent EPSON.

4. Talk again about mannerisms or politeness, orrespect towards others, "LOW LIFE SPAMMER", WHO SAID THAT? YOU DID. Again, I can do BACK and list posts from OTHER people onhere that SAY I HAVE HELPED THEM, and THANKED FOR ME FOR SOME OF MY IMPUT. I thought my last postwas rather helpful to people about color gamut andACTUALLY that post was DIRECLTY ON ISSUE.

5. I have said before when we discussed print head technology, YOU FRIGGIN QUOTED ME ON SAYING THE WORDS, "I DON'T KNOW" and BLASTED ME FOR ADMITTING I DO NOT KNOW SOMETHING.

6.You are good at blame shifting and never forgive ANYTHING you say, because your opinions are the gospel, absolute and always fact.

7. Talk about ediqutte, or criticism. Can you take it without putting in derogtatory or statments belittling someone's occupation or professional? Look at words you use, specifically the pronouns.

Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:55 PM   #107

sparkee wrote:
Quote:
does anyone know anything about conpatable Inks in the epson 1800 printer I got some from http://www.inkjetcartridge.com/r800bundle.html But have not tried to use them yet. Some feedback on the subject would be nice.

Have not heard anything good or bad about them or that site. I would make some sample images using only the Epson inks, showing a wide range of colors (your own photos, becuase they have more meaning and you're more critical of them)and then when you start to replace ink, using the 3rd part set, print some of the same photos and compare for yourself. One issue that comes up sometimes is that even though a lot of 3rd party ink can be just as durable, being that the formula is not necessarily the same as the brand, this can affect how colors turn out because the color profiles have been created (for example), from Epsons' papers with their inks. Just a suggesstion.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 9:02 PM   #108

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
2. YOU are the CONFUSED ONE. LET ME PUT THIS TO REST the BCI7 and the CLI8 ARE THE SAME DAYM FORMULA, it's ALL CALLED CHROMALIFE100. MOVE TO FRIGGIN EUROPE or JAPAN if you WANT THESE. You are confused, AGAIN, region specifc products, YOU KNOW THIS. Janpan, for example has a model LIKE the IP8500, but IT'S NOT CALLED THE IP8500 IS IT? Different name in another country! I KNOW YOU CAN GRASP THIS! QUICK AND DIRECTOR ANSWER, BCI-7 to the US = NO NO and again NO, not going to happen (how's that for an answer).
Yes it is a different name in Japan, it's called the Pixus. Gasp. And fancy that I can configure my printer to be a Pixus... gasp.

If you actually need a list of the .jp model numbers here we are
ftp://download.canon.jp/pub/driver/bj/winxp/
In most cases i've seen the printers are identical.

:idea:Memo: Don't be condescending about details others already know. That's a good boy.
You seem to think i'm annoyed with technical support. They seem to be able to answer simple questions like will these work with my printer... no ok. But no, someone like you has gotta bring it up like it's the coolest thing since sliced bread... but fail to mention they can't be used on current models, an important detail, and throw a baby fit "if you don't like it sue them". No if I don't like it I share it with others on a public forum. That's what it's for. Support didn't throw a tantrum when asked, they just said nope.

So what you are saying is Canon had made a choice to shaft the american market out of longer life inks and force them to buy new printers. Great.. thanks guys.

Great, the CLI-8s are the same formula as the BCI-7s, great. What use are they to a person with an existing canon product. How are the CLI-8s useful to someone that has an existing printer, esp a wide or i9900? Support says they don't fit, do you say differently? Why are you not paying attention to that person who actually asked about them, when they'll be here. I don't want to deny you your shining moment of actually providing useful information to someone who asked for it. Go do your job, that's a good boy.

And stop shouting, it's childish, you should know better. You seem to be under this misguded notion that others are not exactly polite to you because there is something wrong with them. You see, there is something wrong with you.. you join a forum, blaze your guns, repond to threads years old... and when people point out that this is annoying your fragile little ego gets brused and you lash out. What do you have to prove? That you're a big man... oh yes you are, you a big man. You can use big words and acronyms and try to make others feel small for not working in the printer industry... as if a history of hanging out at best buy and other retail stores qualifies you. Just do your thing.. do it in the proper way... answer legit questions... don't harrass people about not owning canons.... in other words be a good little marketing rep and not a low class spammer. Represent and not swamp.

But I must appologize on one issue. Seems I was mistaken for thinking you worked for mosaic. You see all you folks look and sound alike and it's an easy mistake to make. Probally some other contract firm. Whatever the details dont' make a difference.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 9:07 PM   #109

Well first thanks for replying I have downloaded some very good test images with wide color gamut in them and printed them out both on epson paper with there profile and also with redriver paper that they had a profile for my printer and that paper as you mentioned with different ink that may very will through off the color I guess time will tell but when I do change to the other ink and that won't be long now I will re print the same images and compare them to the prints I have now and see what turns up.
sparkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 4:56 PM   #110

Quote:
6. You are good at blame shifting and never forgive ANYTHING you say, because your opinions are the gospel, absolute and always fact.
I don't have to blame shift. You see... I'm not accountable to you... I didn't come on this forum with anything to prove... wave my certifications in the air... cisco and microsoft no less, beg people to chalange them, with something to prove. Yet somehow with your "I have had Canon printers and other products of theirs AND used them for over 7 years." you "being in the industry" qualifies you yet you quote PcMag and C-net, the wrong specs I might add. This is pretty ignornat for someone "in the industry"If this hurts you feelings... the reasons we have netiquette in the first place is to prevent stepping on other people's toes, and you'll be alot happier.

So yes, kindness didn't work so I shifted as rudeness... being american that is sometimes the only thing we yanks understand. Get over your ego and share what you know... and what you don't know don't invent. If you trully have 7 years of experence with canon printers this experence might actually help out people.

While yes... most of the industry is switching to chipped carts, what you fail to understand one reason we picked canon was the fact that they were different, the fact that they employed the very reliable system of actually "looking" with "light" to see if there was any ink left. So yes.. we the consumers are going to be annoyed. It would be super nice if you could respect that and respect that fact people like my self are going to share this information with others. While you might play the "why don't you tell it to the company" game... in the end we the consumer use these products at our sufferance and vote with our dollars. At the end of the day people like your self only understand the bottom line... and with my voice and my principals i'm moraly and ethicaly obligated to share I have, what I know, and what I can do.

So what do BCI-7 CLI-8 have to do with a3+ or wide format printers?

"Ideas should freely spread from one to another over the globe, for the moral and mutual instruction of man, and improvement of his conditions, seems to have been peculiary and benevolently designed by nature, when she made them, like fire, expandable over the place, without lessening their density at any point, and like the air in which we breath, move, and have our physical being, incapable of confinement or exclusive appropriation. Inventions then cannot, in nature, be subject of property." --Thomas Jefferson