Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Mar 14, 2005, 4:00 PM   #1

I have been waiting to get a wide printer and wondered if Canon will be replacing the i9900 with a wide Pixma version?
Anyone heard anything?
rubydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2005, 7:49 AM   #2

Hi rubydia
I posted a similar qustion over at DPREVIEW forums and here's the answer i got

does anyone know if Canon will be replacing the i9900/i9950 anytime soon with a new version ?

Exactly the same as the i9950 (with CD printing) but with the new ChromaLife100 BCI-7 ink carts, no news on whether these are going to be able to be used in the current ip8500 or i9900/i9950, general opinon is that either they will work straight away without any updates, or a driver update will be required.
No news on launch apart from Japan (end of this month/beginning of April)
safari BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 5:46 AM   #3

:?Canon i9900 is defect printer ?

:?New printer is i9910

http://cweb.canon.jp/pixus/lineup/ip9910/index.html
kaisony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:45 PM   #4

:|New iP9910 released mid Feb and going strong. As for BCI-7 issue, chances are that they will work with i9900, but may require a firware/driver update. Nothing specific is stated on Canon Japan's site to elude to that, but the new iP9910 is able to use either BCI-6 or BCI-7 cartridges which leads most to think they work with the i9900. Last resort philosophy seems to be, at the least, a manual ICC profile adjustment should allow i9900 users to use the new BCI-7 inks as the print head and ink placement tech seems to be identical.

No word from Canon USA on a release date, but if they follow their norm, I would expect a U.S. release sometime in early to mid summer.

Can't say I'm real fond of the iP9910 though. Possibly a firware upgrade would quell some of my concerns, but right of the bat, a reduced 13x12.67 inch maximum printing size fills me with a bit of dread. (Don't ask 'how' they come up with 'that')

Cheers~
Tayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 5:07 AM   #5

Tayvan, how did you come up with the print size on the new Canon iP9910?:? Isn't it a A3 which is 13x19? Thanks!
sherrye is offline   Reply With Quote