Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old May 2, 2005, 1:07 PM   #21

Peter

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I'm basing it on the ink carts for the Epson R800 and R1800.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Both use the same carts. Correct me if I'm wrong on the volume but I'm pretty sure that's what I read.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"tony
tmumolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 5:43 PM   #22

Ray

On the HP store site I can't find the 101 or 102 carts or the 13x19 paper in any finsh. I don't see the satin at all. Ifound soft gloss and glossy but not in anything larger that 8.5x11. How were you able to find this stuff.

Fry's, Office Depot and Staples don't even have a clue on the paper availibility. Is Hp lagging behind on supplies for the 8750? btw I bought a Pantone Colorvision Spyder to calibrate my monitor and it seems kind of involved, but I haven't tried to do it yet.

tony
Old May 3, 2005, 8:13 PM   #23

Interesting, if this is so, I was initially going to say how odd they(epson) would shrink the size/amount of ink in thecarts for a wide-format printer

But then if you think about it, it makes cent$.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 10:11 AM   #24

Tony,
Here's a link to the page - I just checked and it now shows the 101 out of stock, but the 102 in stock.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...jet_cartridges

Here's the link to the paper: (sale on, buy 3, 3rd is free and with free next day shipping - that's a great deal on the 13 X 19 satin at $53/ea.)

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...2=photo_papers

I have a Spyder and they work well. The new software (mine is about a year old) supposedly makes it even easier to use and more accurate.

Ray
flint350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 10:35 AM   #25

I also have the Spyder and Printfix patch reader. They do work well:!: The Spyder has been replaced with the Spyder2 and the software for it won't work on the older spyder. :sad:

flint350 wrote:
Quote:
I have a Spyder and they work well. The new software (mine is about a year old) supposedly makes it even easier to use and more accurate.

Ray
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 2:49 PM   #26

Peter,
Yes, I knew that, I just didn't say it correctly. I just meant to let him know that a new version (SpyderPro2 Studio) exists and that the new software with it makes the process simpler and more accurate than what I have. For now, I can't really imagine spending another $230 just to upgrade, but I know people who say there is a definite improvement from the old to the new.

Ray
flint350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 7:03 PM   #27

Ray

when i went back to the hp site and i found the same ino you indicated. i ordered paper and carts, other than the 101.

i have the pantone colorvision spyder ( $100 bucks) and i just did a calibration and all looks good on the monitor, now let's see how it translates to the 8750 which should arrive any day now.

i think i got screwed on the 3rd one is free deal. i ordered 2 of the 13x19 as well as the 11x but missed the bonus deal. thanks for the info.

tony

Old May 10, 2005, 4:06 AM   #28

tmumolo, not to be offensive, but I know HP employs a number of reps to work the forums, and you come across as one reading a lot of your posts. Just for everyone's info, Spencer Labs has completely been debunked by professionals for its misleading reviews. Spencer Labs takes payments to post favorable results. Note on their site, that ALL the reviews pit an HP products against the competition, and in EVERY case HP comes out the winner. Wel, guess what folks.....HP commissions Spencer Labs to these "reviews" for them. Many professionals have noted glaring ommissions, inparticular when reviewing the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 they did not test ANY matte papers, which happens to be the preferred media of choice by pros. Anyways, here are the links and the statements regarding HP's role in paying Spencer Labs. BTW, their site looks like a 2 year old designed it!

http://spencer.com/

Clicking on "Spencerlab Digital Color Laboratory" shows the listed reviews.

From the

[align=left]Comparative Study:
Hewlett-Packard Designjet 130[/align]
[align=left]vs.
Epson Stylus Pro 4000 and Epson Stylus Pro 7600[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]"The
SpencerLab Digital Color Laboratory is an independent test laboratory with a broad base of industry clients. Although this comparative study was commissioned by Hewlett-Packard Company, SpencerLab believes these results maintain its reputation for the integrity of its procedures and analyses. Results stated herein are based upon direct testing by SpencerLab personnel of actual products believed to be representative."[/align]
[align=left]Riiiiiiiight![/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Also from Spencer's site:[/align]
[align=left]"Whether testing confidential unreleased products or publishing favorable study results (click here for example), SpencerLab strives to surpass your expectations. "[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Anyways, just a heads up about HP's attempts to spread FUD. [/align]
tyranix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 12:40 PM   #29

My response is inyour "Real World vs Hypothetical World" post.

tony