we all have the experience print head clog
all we doing is running nozzle check or print head check
have you guy think of using clean fluid to clean you print head
you can try it you will change you mind what your saying
i already print 4000 pages using ink republic within a month
all i make the mistake is mixing the ink in same bottle
i have an experience clean all day
using clean fluid
Lemme see, first post, all in support of Ink Republic.. bit fishy but I'll give the benefit of the doubt..

1. OF COURSE I've done multiple nozzle checks, head cleaning, etc... and that has sometimes cleared the problem temporarily but usually only for about 20 full page prints before banding re-appears.

2. I've used other CIS systems (including some I've built myself) and not experienced even half of the problems I have had with I.R. kits.

3. The tube pathway issue is still a problem and one that has never been properly dealt with.

4. Read this..
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=40
.. Admittedly it may be partly due to user error but given my experience and the care taken I don't see how I could have been responsible for ALL of them breaking.

5. I've spent over 6 months using Ink Republic kits in a variety of printers and comparing them against other CIS kits. In the R200/300 I had few problems, but had to make a number of changes to the system to avoid the tubing catching in the mechanism and to stop the buffers stressing the inkposts too much.

In the D88 I had nothing but problems because the ink posts are actually thinner than in the earlier C84/86 models and this required yet more modification but has never worked properly without losing ink flow.

Bottom line, you may have printed 4000 sheets without problems, although I find your suggestion of cleaning fluid interesting if that's the case.. I've been running upwards of 10,000 pages through each of my printers and rarely got the performance required from an I.R. kit.. So, NO! I won't change my mind but it is after all, just my experience and my opinion at the end of the day.

Like I said though, interesting that you've never posted before and then suddenly come out in defence of Ink Republic.. :roll:
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 2:57 PM   #13

Just a quick follow up to the whole I.R. experience..

I posted here: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=40
.. re: the way the buffers wrecked one of my printers when I was in the process of removing the kit..

Well following on from that, I had planned on re-using the tubing and reservoirs from my C86 on another printer of the same type..

In the process of cleaning up the tube and bottles, I discovered that the ends of the tubes (the ends submerged in the ink, in the reservoir bottles) have hardened significantly to the point that they were incredibly stiff and likely to split. Now I appreciate that the ink is attacking the tubing from both inside and out when it's submerged in the reservoir, it's still not too much to assume that the same reaction is taking place at half the speed on the inside of the rest of the tubing which can't be good.

Granted this unit is now nearly 9 months old so the tubing being used in current kits may have changed in type and quality, but it's still not what I'd expected to see...
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote