Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Jul 5, 2005, 5:29 PM   #11

Thanks for the link. It was very informative. I will continue to research the products out there as well as better think my exact needs.
dboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 6:42 PM   #12

i suggest also perusing this site too.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/

they regularly produce art quality prints from various printers. while doing so they keep general logs on the performance.

now i do not own a 7600 and its highly unlikely i will. but i do print on one and also on a 4000. what i do own is a 2200. i understand the limitations of the product and know the work arounds to improve the image quality. this fall i will probably go over to the lysonics cave paint inks using a direct high volume bdelivery system on the 2200. if the wind blows the right way a 4800 will grace my doorway too.

the reason i stay with epson is consistany of the product and its color. so far for proofing and small run they can't be beat. the subject of the ink change over is a minor issue as i prefer their semigloss paper to print on. you have to decide the importance of this issue versus the overall quality and longevity of the finished product and the sacrifices.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 8:07 AM   #13

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printing...son_R4800.html

heres a on going blog of the 4800 and what to expect out of the 7800.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 9:48 AM   #14

Thanks for the update. I'm starting to lean toward the 4800 now anyway. If I need bigger prints than that will give me, I will just out source them. My goal is to be able to produce fine art prints for sale through my website and hopefully get some in galleries someday.

I just picked up my D2x yesterday. WOW - it's going to take me a while to transition from the D70 :-)
dboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 9:54 AM   #15

i did nikon for over 10 years. but have gone to the dark side with canon now. i still prefer the ergonomics of the nikon but the full frame of the canon is where i live in the 1Ds2. for speed its the 1D2. i like the digital crop concept of the nikon too all they have to do is up it to full frame and i'll think about it. i still have some lenses for my F5 and i will not give that up at all.

you will enjoy that camera.

i'm off in 2 wks on vacation for most of August in NZ/AU. the whole 9 yards is coming with me.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 8:38 AM   #16
uma

Hi,

We are about to start our dye sublimation printing business.
We would be first printing on to paper using dye sublimation inks and then transferring it on to polyester based fabric using a heat press.
Our heat press is only 42 inches so a similar width printer shall suffice for us.
We can easily buy the new Epson 9800 printer in India.
Does anyone know if the 9800 can be used as a production printer for Dye Sublimation.
We shall also need to buy:
1. RIP ( any source to get a second hand ONYX or SoftRIP)
2. Bulk ink system to attach with the printer ( systems are available for the 9600 printer what about the new 9800 printer??)
3. Bulk inks.
4. Paper.
Anyhelp ?
Thanking you and best regards.

uma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 1:58 PM   #17

Finally the Epson 7800/9800 ArTainium sublimation solution is here with a bulk cartridge refill system. Tropical Graphics can support either RIP solutions or the use of an ICC profile with the Epson driver. If you want more information or to contact a distributor near you e-mail me at sales@tropicalgraphics.com

Rich Foltz
Director of Sales
Tropical Graphics, LLC
843 375 2168
http://www.tropicalgraphics.com
Tropical is offline   Reply With Quote