Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Sep 30, 2005, 1:38 PM   #1

Should I expectproblems with installing a second printer on one pc??

At home I have an XP pro (no network) with an hp all-in-one printer installed. I would lke to leave it installed for all printing tasks except photos. I would like to install a second printer, an hp8750, dedicated strickly to photo prints.
Would there be any problems with both installed on the same single pc?? Or another way of asking -- what should I do to avoid haveing problems with the installation of the second printer?? Thanks for any help or experience you can share.
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2005, 12:20 PM   #2

You should have no problems. I do it all the time. In fact I currently have two HPs and a Canon i9900 (dedicated to photoprinting) currently connected to a single computer running XP. One of the HPs is an all-in-one. Each printer has a different name.The all-in-oneis set as the default, but any could be. I choose either of the other two depending on my output needs.
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 4:12 PM   #3

hgernhardtjr
Thanks much for the reply. My last OS back 2 yrs ago was 98SE and I use to have to be careful with just about everything. I know the XP Pro is stated to be a much more robust OS, but wanted to check if I could before connecting both. I'm not to technically savvy and didn't want to get myself into a problem that would be frustrating. Thanks again.

:|
Old Feb 3, 2006, 9:30 PM   #4

I've got a HP Deskjet 5550 injet and a HP laser printer connected to my computer. Both have USB connections, but I use the HP laserjet 1010 as the default and print pictures and some things I want for the color empahsis on the HP 5550.

No problems, except you have to make sure that when you connect USB, please note which USB went to which printer. I have had difficulties after unplugging the USB and then getting them back on a different USB plug and then having the printer not sending the job to the right USB port. Seems to really make a difference.

Vern

The Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 6:05 PM   #5

Thanks for the heads-up Vern. I still have not bought the 2nd (photo dedicated) printer as yet. Other priorities came up. I'll file this info for the future. - cheers.