Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Oct 15, 2005, 8:56 PM   #1

As stated elsewhere in the forum I am new to photography and have really enjoyed reading these forums but have just now started posting. I studied the forums and decided that the R1800 must be the best pick for a me. So last night I made the purchase, got it home installed it as stated in the instructions and then loaded the ICC profile for premium Glossy Paper from epson, however on my box that I bought it doesnt say PREMIUM anywhere it just says Glossy. At any rate I selected the premium Glossy ICC in the color settings in PSP CS2 and over in proof setup I selected the same however when I get a picture up in CS2 and then go to print and preview I get a totally different looking picture which looks washed out and kinda green tinted. If I print the picture more closely resembles the print preview, am I totally missing something here? Any help would be greatly appreciated I have this nice large printer and unfortunately my all in one prints a whole lot better pic. I really want all this to work. I took a picture straight from my camera (KM A200) and it looks bad. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Allen
nitroq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2005, 9:14 PM   #2

Hold off on waisting your time posting any answers, it helps to read the manual. Sorry, I just happened to think maybe this manual actually tells you something, so on a whim I looked and surprisesurprise (in my best gomer pyle impersonation)thereon page 56 in clear text it tells me that I have went about it all wrong in CS2. So I am off to read the manual and hopefulget the desired results.
nitroq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 6:50 PM   #3

Epson "Premium Glossy photo paper is Epson part # SO41667 for 8.5 X 11 50-sheet box.

SO41288 for A3 size 11.7 X 16.5 20 sheet box

SO41289 for super B 13 X 19 20 sheet box

SO41464 for 5 X 7 20 sheet box

SO41727 for 4 X 6 100 sheet box

All say "Premium glossy photo paper right on the box.

I think what you have is just the inexpensive photo paper. It is crap if you want very good photographs. You need to get the "PREMIUM paper for excellent quality photo's.

Ronnie,

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 1:13 PM   #4

Make sure you download the latest driver from Epson. I saw others have similar issue with this printer. I have the Epson R1800 and I do not have such problem using PS CS2

Update: The setting I used is Best Photo> Advanced> PhotoEnhance> AutoCorrcet> DigitalCamera Correction

The colormatch isgood.

CK.SanFrancisco is offline   Reply With Quote