Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:03 PM   #1

Has anyone printed on canvas, any size, with the r2400? I have read that compared to the 1800, the 2400 handles the thicker papers better. I'm not sure exactly what that means, so I'm looking for someone who has printed on canvas using the 2400, and maybe even the 1800, to share thier experience.

These forums are excellent, proving once againwith regard tomyself, the old adage "You don't know what you don't know."

Sid1962
Sid1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:38 PM   #2

I don't own either of those printers, but do own the lesser R300. I does a pretty good job for me. I recently bought some Inkpress canvas paper from Adorama and downloaded the profile from the inkpress site. The output is awesome and the printer didn't have any trouble feeding it through. It did print a little out of square so it might have been struggling a bit with the thickness.
dboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 1:37 PM   #3

Canvas and canvas paper are not the same! The 2400 has a seperate slot for thicker papers.I have printed on Epson canvas on my 2400.I also have the Pro 7800 and use that for most of my canvas printing.The Epson canvas I used on my R2400 was cut from a roll used on my 7800.
jeepers94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 2:33 PM   #4

Jeepers94,

That's good to hear. Does Epson supply ICC profiles specific to canvas for the 2400, or did you use another one? I would most likely be printing 13x19 sheets, with a glossy finish if I can find them, bright matte finish if I need to. Also, I thought I read where the 2400 has the capability of using roll stock. Is it something you purchase in addition (the roller) or does it come with the printer?

Thanks again...the decision to buy is getting easier and easier with this type of info.

Sid1962
Sid1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:12 PM   #5

Jeepers94, sorry I miss stated the media. I was refering to coated canvas.

How do you like the 7800? I'm getting ready to buy one and want to do a lot of canvas prints. I also plan to use Epson's Velvet Fine Art paper, which I have used on the R300. It produces some very nice prints. The main reason I tried the Inkpress canvas was because it is the only canvas I have ever found in 8.5x11. I am a big Epson fan and will not doubt stick to Epson papers with the 7800.
dboarder is offline   Reply With Quote