Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:29 PM   #1

I bought a new Epson 7600 Printer over 2 years ago and could never figure out how it works. It seems that theres never a class around for it ,so there it sits taking up space in my house. I spent thousands on this, computer software and a Canon 20D Camera to take pictures of my art work for reproductions Giclee's. I would gladly pay a tutor or if anyone knows of a class online please respond to this forum. I live in the upstate Albany New York area.

Thanks,
John
johnblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2006, 7:49 PM   #2

John, I have also purchased the 7600 and had it running the same afternoon I received it. The manual had good basic instruction and I phoned tech support everytime I had a question or problem. Mine came with a roll of matte paper to experiment with which was very helpful. Keep in mind that it's just a "big" inkjet that runs basically like your desktop inkjet. It's almost impossible to hurt it. I thought I ruined mine once, but when I called tech support they said just do this and problem solved. I get tremendous prints from it and it has already paid for itself in the sale of my prints (I'm an oil painter who prints canvas giclees of my artwork). You might check with the company who sold your printer for classes. I purchased mine from www.digitalartsupplies.com and they have several workshops year round of instructions. But this is truely a printer that you can learn with the manual and tech support. Please check my "comment" on the 7600 on this wide format forum page. It's my "only complaint". Chacha johnblood wrote:
Quote:
I bought a new Epson 7600 Printer over 2 years ago and could never figure out how it works. It seems that theres never a class around for it ,so there it sits taking up space in my house. I spent thousands on this, computer software and a Canon 20D Camera to take pictures of my art work for reproductions Giclee's. I would gladly pay a tutor or if anyone knows of a class online please respond to this forum. I live in the upstate Albany New York area.

Thanks,
John
chacha is offline   Reply With Quote