Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old May 11, 2003, 7:50 AM   #1

Default 2200 for weddings ?

Are there any professionals using the Epson 2200 for weddings or Senior photography? If so how is it working for you?
Rich
rspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2003, 9:59 AM   #2

I have the 2200 but do not use it for that purpose. I would say the quality is great for it but the speed for that many photos is to slow.
mrtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2003, 10:12 AM   #3

Default Thanks

I use a local company that prints my wedding proofs on Kodak photo paper with fantastic results but they can only go up to an 8x10. I'm just looking at an ocasional 10x13 or 11x14. My concern would be matching the original proof and getting a high quality photo that will last. My 1270 does a great job but with the longjevity problem.
Rich
rspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2003, 10:33 AM   #4

if the longevity is your primary issue the 2200 would solve that. the color gamut is wider to so the images look better too. i have one and i'm quite happy. you can throw off a occasional 13x19 for fun too as a special order.

watch it paint an 11x14. you just sit, watch and get tennis neck from that mezmerizing back and forth motion. your getting sleeeepy.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2003, 3:32 AM   #5

Consider switching your 1270 over to a continuous ink system from http://www.inkjetart.com this way you can say if it fades I'll replace it free because it'll cost you next to nothing to replace the ink.

But as to your question the 2200 will do equal or better quality than your local print shop. Just remember that you only want to use Epson premium papers. For wedding Stuff I would reccomend using Epson Premium Luster or the Premium Semiglossy Paper.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote