Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Jan 8, 2008, 12:27 PM   #21

Message did not finish. The epson 200 cost 80.00 and has worked flawlessly for three years. I have had enough of the canon printers with their limited supply of papers and I am considering replacing the i9900 with the epson 1800. The 1400 would be better than the i9900.
kenb538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 6:16 PM   #22

Default Magenta cast on a Canon printer

Has anyone found a solution to the magenta cast problem? My printer is an iP6000D. I had no problems with any printing using either the plain paper or Pro Paper setting until I had a plugged head so I bought an OEM Canon print head replacement. (I use Epson or Canon paper with MIS ink for 5 years with no problems or issues and have been well satisfied. All cartriges are canon.)
After installing the new print head, all pictures using any of the PRO Paper settings come up with a magenta cast just as many of the examples of others. All printer cleaning and alignment tests show each color is fine. However, if I use any of the PRO paper settings the picture has a Magenta cast, if I use plain paper setting, it is fine, if I change it back to any of the PRO papers it is back to magenta cast. If I use Photoshop or Microsoft print wizard it is magenta if I use any setting other than plain paper.
I don't know how to interpret why it works in plain paper but not in pro paper.

Any ideas?
benjaminbunny is offline   Reply With Quote