Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 10, 2006, 4:51 PM   #11

Great shots Jake. Particulary like the spoonbill. Nice landscape shot too...cheers....Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 7:18 PM   #12

Hi friend

Believe it or not I'm still here. Your shots here and in the post before this one are amazing and the sunset is spectacular. I'm still working 12 hr days, a little less on Saturdays, but I did get away last weekend for Labor Day. I stared shooting in RAW and after all the time consuming process of converting I can't get a picture to stick in here. I tried one at 138,800 bytes (135KB) (800 x 533) and it want show up. I know you shoot in RAW some so maybe you can give me some advice.

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 2:31 AM   #13

Thanks Don, VP and Houston [So GOOD to hear from you again, Houston] - I was looking at Google Earth last night, and zeroed in on your area, and wondered where [on earth] you had dissappeared to ??!!. Houston, if you can email me a copy of the 135kb file, maybe I can pick up what's wrong.
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 5:59 PM   #14

Hey Jake...ANOTHER EXCELLENT series!!! The birds are beautiful ... the sunset is spectacular ... the giraffe comical ... the nyala looks like it's stuck in the 1980's:lol:... just have a question about the zebra 3 .... is that posted with the midnight sepia that you used a couple of weeks ago or was that just coincidence??? Wonderful shot btw ... just something about that can'tget enough of .....THanks as always!

Hope you still have some left to post!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 2:27 AM   #15

Quote:
just have a question about the zebra 3 .... is that posted with the midnight sepia that you used a couple of weeks ago or was that just coincidence???
Ron, I used a similaraction called "Midnight Black" which as I mentioned earlier, I don't normally apply effects as such [although, I suppose ANY type of editting is an effect if sorts, USM, saturation, etc], however, I liked the effect this action had on this particular shot. Thanks for looking :-)

Anybody looking for actions, there are some great ones here http://www.atncentral.com
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 2:11 AM   #16

Jaaaaaaa, Jake. Baby giraffes can look cute, much like a stuffed toy giraffe.
zolbol is offline   Reply With Quote