Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jun 19, 2003, 6:55 PM   #1

Default Hermit Thrush

Once again from our backyard.

Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2003, 8:19 PM   #2

Well,
As you can see, I had to come by for my "bird fix" for the night.
I really like the berries in this one- they add some nice colour to the shot. As usual, you've captured the moment!

As per your last post, I have tried the magnetic lasso and then inverse select in photoshop ( I only have photoshop LE at the moment) to apply gaussian blur to my backgrounds. My main problem with that is usually getting the object of focus to look naturally separated from the background and not look as if it were pasted on top. I usually try to use the clone stamp around the edges but I'm finding it very difficult to make it look natural.
jazcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2003, 8:35 PM   #3

Hi Tracey, thanks again for the kind words. I'm not sure what's included in LE but try using the standard lasso tool and put a check in the anti-aliasing box, this will help smooth out the transition area. You may also want to try experimenting with varying vlaues in the feather box, this also will smooth the transition areas. If you like, send me a file to play around with. My email address can be found at my website if it's not visible in my profile. Just be sure to put "Stonetower Photo" (without the quotes) in the subject line or my spam killer will send you a challange.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote