Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:20 PM   #1

I know the composition is poor and I cropped out the feeder, but I am getting more at home with the camera and lens. Donna
Attached Images

D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:30 PM   #2

What a cutie! She looks annoyed that you have interrupted her supper!! Maybe if you cropped out the right side too you could just have super-close-up bird!!
MsPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:46 PM   #3

Thanks Barbara, I have taken better shots with my pana, but learning the canon is a bit different...I have tried to stay away from the fz until I am doing better with the 30D. Donna
Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:47 PM   #4

Allright girl. It looks good to me.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:37 AM   #5

I am glad you are over here now Roger, I know I will get some feedback...Donna
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:52 AM   #6

Looks good, the detail on the bird is great. I like the food in his mouth

It looks like you are getting more comfy with the 30d. I'm still getting used to mine also. Finally able to get out and shoot some!!

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:47 PM   #7

D.Ann wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Barbara, I have taken better shots with my pana, but learning the canon is a bit different...I have tried to stay away from the fz until I am doing better with the 30D. Donna
Nice capture, Donna. I believe that you'll find you'll really miss the Pany OIS w/the Canon but will also find there are a lot of advantages in IQ that the Canon affords you. Next, you'll soon find lens lust setting in to get the added reach w/the Canon just as I did with my D50 leading me to my new Bigma...:G
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:52 PM   #8

Telecorder wrote:
Quote:
D.Ann wrote:
Quote:
Nice capture, Donna. I believe that you'll find you'll really miss the Pany OIS w/the Canon but will also find there are a lot of advantages in IQ that the Canon affords you. Next, you'll soon find lens lust setting in to get the added reach w/the Canon just as I did with my D50 leading me to my new Bigma...:G
Donna, you will get used to it... and it looks like you're well on the way! this shot seems a bit fuzzy though - which lens are you using?

Telecorder, the OIS in the FZ's is indeed a wonderful thing, but there are a lot of stabilized lenses for the Canon EOS cameras as well. most are in the mid-to-upper price range, but you get a lot more than just IS when you buy one of those lenses. BTW, i almost bought the Bigma myself, by didn't for the very reason that it does NOT have IS... i settled for the 80-400, which gives up 100mm of zoom, but has such rock-solid IS that i can shoot it handheld down to 1/125 at full zoom and still get sharp photos...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:04 PM   #9

I bought the 17-40L lens and someone gave me a 7-300mm5.6 and a 1.4 50mm prime. I know I need a longer brighter zoom...can't buy one now. Donna