Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:49 PM   #1

back to the park again today... not as sunny as Thursday, but still not bad, and considering the weather we've had up till now, i'll take it! still trying to get the hang of this teleconverter widget... seems to be a rather hit-or-miss proposition, and it definitely robs me of some clarity and contrast, but it does let me get photos i simply couldn't get without it. like this of a cormorant drying his wings, as a pair of mallards pass in front of him... these birds were probably something like 250 yards away...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:38 AM   #2

Great shot from that distance Squirl. Which tc are you using?...Don.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:57 AM   #3

i had a Kenko 1.4x behind my Sigma 80-400. the TC costs me a little more in sharpness and contrast than i thought it would,but AF works okay and i don't seem to have a problem with exposure. i expect i'll probably reserve it for those times when i simply cannot get a decent shot without it... that Sigma lens is too sharp and clear to limit it with a TC if i don't have to...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 1:18 AM   #4

I know what you mean about using tc's. I have a 1.4 Tamron that works well, but a little bit of sharpness and contrast is lost. I only try to use it when the light is very good. I found that makes a big difference in AF speed and accuracy....D.

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
i had a Kenko 1.4x behind my Sigma 80-400. the TC costs me a little more in sharpness and contrast than i thought it would,but AF works okay and i don't seem to have a problem with exposure. i expect i'll probably reserve it for those times when i simply cannot get a decent shot without it... that Sigma lens is too sharp and clear to limit it with a TC if i don't have to...
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote