Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jan 1, 2007, 12:44 PM   #1

Most of the sightings of Wild Dog we experienced were on the road, and my personal preference is to not see any man-made objects in Wildlife shots, so I tried thefollowing shot with a sepia tone to disguise the road. I quite like the shot, particularly the typical "It's a dog's life" look on his face.
Attached Images

JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2007, 12:46 PM   #2

The following shot is one that I took with the dog running beside me - A bit blurred, although the movement can add to the shot [any comments ?]

Attached Images

Old Jan 1, 2007, 12:57 PM   #3

And whilst on PS'd shots - this was a rather colorless, bad light shot, but I liked the pose of these two vultures on this dead tree, both hanging their heads down, so I took the shot anyway and did the sepia thing here as well -I think it portrays a mood of sorts [perhaps it belongs in the digital art section, but this forum is my "home"]
Attached Images

Old Jan 1, 2007, 1:20 PM   #4

I like them all Jake. The wild dog really shows it's heritage in the first shot. Looks like any old pooch with that expression. The vulture shot is typical of so many that I take of birds - that is, shooting against a white sky trying to get some detail. I usually boost the EV anywhere from .5 to 1.5 to get some detail - blow out the sky- but white is white, and who can tell most of the time that it's blown out unless a bunch of ca's make their appearance. I also like the pose the 2 vultures have here. Must be checking out something for a snack....cheers....Don.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2007, 1:21 PM   #5

Just wanted to say Happy New Year Jake! You are the king of Wildlife photography!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2007, 1:37 PM   #6

Thanks "Sun-King Bob" and "WaterfrontNightshot-King Don"- And a Very happy and Life-filled 2007 for all you guys here at Steve's !!!

Don, apparantly the Australian Dingo and the African Wild Dog are the two originators of the domestic dogs, so it is not surprising this one looks like a common "pooch"

The vultures were hanging around at the lion's kill posted below, not quite welcome yet. in fact, every now and again they would circle the kill, and the lions would look up and glare at them, enough to keep them away until the lions had finished. Unfortunately we had to go before they descended.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 5:06 AM   #7

Good Shot! says Ross
zolbol is offline   Reply With Quote