Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:45 PM   #11

Thanks Roger, Bob, VP, Squirl and Bob. It was a first for me to finally get close to these wonderous birds. Most of the time, I'd end up with a 100% crop, and nothing worth saving. This was a real treat.

Squirl, the Eagles are up in the Squamish and Brackendale area around 40 miles north of here in great numbers from December to February. The salmon have spawned and die off, and this makes for an easy time for the Eagles to feed. We had an Eagle count a week and a half ago, and they counted approximately 1700 Eagles in the area. That's pretty good for this area. I now know where I can find them fairly easily. They're around all year long, but this time of year, in great numbers.........cheers.....Don.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:54 PM   #12

Don, those are Freakin' awesome man! Number two has my vote too. It's quite a rush isn't it. Man, those birds are cool. Nice job. Shots like those really make me want to get right back out there for more. :-) and more.... and more.

Way to go,
Steve

P.S. The Eagles seem to show up here during the colder winter months to feast on the waterfowl. Then most head north for the summer.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:15 AM   #13

Thanks Steve. It was my lucky day. Funny thing is, I'm at this place where they hang out 50 times a year. It's right behind the 12th and 13th holes at the golf course I belong to - not more that a hundred feet or 2 off the fairways. I know we have lots of eagles up there, but I didn't know they stayed there in the winter months. I've never gone up there in the winter before. Well, that's going to change now!....Don.

smac wrote:
Quote:
Don, those are Freakin' awesome man! Number two has my vote too. It's quite a rush isn't it. Man, those birds are cool. Nice job. Shots like those really make me want to get right back out there for more. :-) and more.... and more.

Way to go,
Steve

P.S. The Eagles seem to show up here during the colder winter months to feast on the waterfowl. Then most head north for the summer.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:05 AM   #14

#2 has my vote also, great shots. I've gotta go find me some eagles!!!!

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:57 AM   #15

Thanks Mugmar. Much appreciated. I think #2 is going to go on the wall.....cheers...Don

Mugmar wrote:
Quote:
#2 has my vote also, great shots. I've gotta go find me some eagles!!!!

Mugmar
Old Jan 17, 2007, 2:36 PM   #16

Clone out that twig on the bird in the second photo and it's a keeper bud! I like #2 as it's more eye level and the exposure is good as well. :-)
Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote