Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Feb 17, 2007, 9:22 PM   #11

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Steve,

The rabbit ear antenna shot is my favorite because it is so different. The rest of your captures are very good as well.

I haven't shot or posted much and have started to work with people who are at the novice level with digital photography to fill in my time when the weather is not that great as of late around here in the midwest. I plan on coming out to the Sacramento area in May.

I did get the Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8 ED AF-D Autofocus Lens with Tripod Collarjust yesterday. I plan to shoot tomorrow. If I have time I will post but it seems I'm just too darned busy.

I enjoy your shots. How do you like your D80?
Thanks Tom, I like the D80 alot. I just plunked down a wad of cash for some equipment upgrades myself. I just bought a Markins ball head, Gitzo 1325 tripod and a Kirk Window mount. As soon as I recover from that I am thinking of getting a gimbal type mount for flight shots and other moving targets.
Wow, you should really enjoy that 80-200 f/2.8. Nice, fast glass, I would love to see what you can do with the lens.
I just spent two gorgeous days out at the refuge. Things are starting to slow down a little but I counted 4 Bald Eagles today. I was even able to get a few shots of a couple of 'em. It was in the 70's the last two days.
Always good to hear from you Tom.
Take care,
Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 9:34 PM   #12

Wonderful shots! Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 9:54 PM   #13

Thanks Donna, I appreciate you taking a look.
Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote