Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 13, 2007, 9:54 PM   #11

Dr. Mr. Vandertramps wrote:
Quote:
Roger, that is beyond wacky and into the realm of totally insane! what a great setup!!!
Now you can see how I got my forum name TOTALLY WACKY roger. So far it is a real winner. Thanks for looking and commenting.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2007, 12:05 AM   #12

Congrats on your new setup, and thanks for sharing with us. Looks like its really confortable.

Please tell us how it feels after walking with that setup for while in the woods.
jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2007, 3:27 AM   #13

*sticks his hands up* Don't shoot! I give up! Hehehe.

That is quite an impressive setup. I too have been interested in the bushhawk system. Is that model the 320D shoulder mount with handle? Do you have to buy any additional accessories or did it come with the shutter release cable? Have you tried it out for BIF shots or did you use it for your osprey shots?

- Hung
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:02 AM   #14

That's a very interesting setup Roger. I can't wait to see some of your field tests. They should be spectacular.
Good shooting,
Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 9:24 AM   #15

jotajota wrote:
Quote:
Congrats on your new setup, and thanks for sharing with us. Looks like its really confortable.

Please tell us how it feels after walking with that setup for while in the woods.
jotajota, thanks for the comment and for taking the time to look. I carried it with me on a couple of mile hike on Sunday and YES this is much easier to carry my camera and lens.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Apr 17, 2007, 9:26 AM   #16

royce10 wrote:
Quote:
*sticks his hands up* Don't shoot! I give up! Hehehe.

That is quite an impressive setup. I too have been interested in the bushhawk system. Is that model the 320D shoulder mount with handle? Do you have to buy any additional accessories or did it come with the shutter release cable? Have you tried it out for BIF shots or did you use it for your osprey shots?

- Hung
Hi royce, the cable and release plate were extra and yes this is the 320D with the extra handle. Thanks for looking and for commenting.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 17, 2007, 9:27 AM   #17

smac wrote:
Quote:
That's a very interesting setup Roger. I can't wait to see some of your field tests. They should be spectacular.
Good shooting,
Steve
smac, i hope to be able to get out and try some photos in the next day or so. I will let you all know what I think after giving it a field test.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:01 AM   #18

Wow Roger...you can be quick on the trigger with that set up....but don't know how you shots could be any better, donna
Donna A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:09 AM   #19

Donna A. wrote:
Quote:
Wow Roger...you can be quick on the trigger with that set up....but don't know how you shots could be any better, donna
Hi Donna, thanks for the nice comment. My hope is I will be able to get more keepers. It is much faster as far as getting the animal in the frame and I believe it also is going to be easier to hold it steadier when there is nothing around to rest the camera on.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:17 AM   #20

Ahhh, TWR--

Next we'll see where you've added a push button release to extend a monopod leg from the front handle for even better stabilization... Or, at least, are wearing a belt pouch for the short monopod leg to sit in... LOL

I like your sling setup. I used an elastic Op/Tech binoc shoulder harness on my 7-day venture to China in March and it worked about as well as your setup-- hands-free carrying w/shoulder support yet easy to bring up and fire away.

Didn't take my Bigma w/me to China but have usedthe harnesswith the Bigma mounted on my collapsed Bogen 682B monopod/belt pouchtreking in the localwoods before with good success...

How long before we see some on-the-wing images taken with the setup... and/or some published images?
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote