Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 19, 2007, 11:25 AM   #21

Telecorder wrote:
Quote:
Ahhh, TWR--

Next we'll see where you've added a push button release to extend a monopod leg from the front handle for even better stabilization... Or, at least, are wearing a belt pouch for the short monopod leg to sit in... LOL

I like your sling setup. I used an elastic Op/Tech binoc shoulder harness on my 7-day venture to China in March and it worked about as well as your setup-- hands-free carrying w/shoulder support yet easy to bring up and fire away.

Didn't take my Bigma w/me to China but have usedthe harnesswith the Bigma mounted on my collapsed Bogen 682B monopod/belt pouchtreking in the localwoods before with good success...

How long before we see some on-the-wing images taken with the setup... and/or some published images?
He guy nice to see your name here. Thanks for looking and commenting. I agree letting your shoulders do the work and having your hands free is a GOOOOD thing.

Here is a link to my first photos in the field with the new set up.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=11

TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 2:22 PM   #22

Hi ya Roger,

You're a good guy to demo this equipment for us - I admire your passion for equipment you believe in and for taking the time to illustrate pictorially how it works.

Dumb Question: how does the shutter cable actually connect to the shutter release button? :?

With this setup, we'll have to call it a trigger now.Thanks again, Dan

fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 2:50 PM   #23

fishguy wrote:
Quote:
Hi ya Roger,

You're a good guy to demo this equipment for us - I admire your passion for equipment you believe in and for taking the time to illustrate pictorially how it works.

Dumb Question: how does the shutter cable actually connect to the shutter release button? :?

With this setup, we'll have to call it a trigger now.Thanks again, Dan

Hi Dan

What I did when I ordered my set up I included the shutter cable. One end plugs into the bushHawk and the other end plugs into my camera. You just push it into the slot and it is ready to go.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 21, 2007, 6:35 PM   #24

Roger,
In the side view of your setup it appears that a cable is plugged in at the port on the left side of the camera.
Did you obtain the cable from BushHawk?
Does it plug directly into the Cable switch terminal or do you need a CS-205 cable switch from Pentax?

Thanks,
LO Bob

LO Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 6:44 PM   #25

LO Bob wrote:
Quote:
Roger,
In the side view of your setup it appears that a cable is plugged in at the port on the left side of the camera.
Did you obtain the cable from BushHawk?
Does it plug directly into the Cable switch terminal or do you need a CS-205 cable switch from Pentax?

Thanks,
LO Bob
I bought the cable for a pentax from BushHawk. Everthing just plugs in and works just fine.

TOTALLY WACKY roger