Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 18, 2007, 6:05 PM   #11

jotajota wrote:
Quote:
Thanks allot for the review. One more gadget to add to the collection.:!:
My thinking is if I can better the odds on getting a keeper I want to do it. Thanks jotajota for commenting and for taking the time to look.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2007, 6:06 PM   #12

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Great shooting and results Roger. Like the others, I can see the benefit of owing the Bushhawk. Will be looking into one myself...cheers.........Don
Hi to YA!!! Don. thanks for the kind commenta bout my photos and for taking the time to look.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Apr 18, 2007, 6:09 PM   #13

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
yep, that does it. i'm puttin' a Bushhawk on my wish list!! the 80-400 isn't as big andheavy as the Bigma, thoughthe difference isn't great, but i can just imagine how much fasterthe "on-target" times areusing it! :G
Hi there to you Rocky. I am noticing a big difference in "on target" times in fact today I got a Osprey that I would never of even tried without it. I had to duck or at least I felt like I had to duck. Watch for a thread sayin time to duck. Thanks Rocky for looking and for commenting.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:07 PM   #14

Wacky Roger! You never cease to amaze me. Your shots are sharp and beautiful as ever. However when I analyzed your exif data, I was even futher impressed. When it comes to BIF shots, alot of experienced shooters will say that you have to adjust the Iso inorder to get shutter speeds of 1/1000 or faster inorder to get clear and sharp BIF shots. You were able to get these amazing shots at 1/350 - 1/500. I'm guessing the combination of the Pentax's shake reduction with the bushhawk keeps the camera steady enough so that you don't need to up the ISO. As I am still in the process of figuring out my equipment list for my birding photography, the bushhawk will be an important part in the consideration. Thanks for taking the time to post your impressions and reviews as always. Keep up the strong work Wacky Roger!

- Hung
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:26 PM   #15

royce10 wrote:
Quote:
Wacky Roger! You never cease to amaze me. Your shots are sharp and beautiful as ever. However when I analyzed your exif data, I was even futher impressed. When it comes to BIF shots, alot of experienced shooters will say that you have to adjust the Iso inorder to get shutter speeds of 1/1000 or faster inorder to get clear and sharp BIF shots. You were able to get these amazing shots at 1/350 - 1/500. I'm guessing the combination of the Pentax's shake reduction with the bushhawk keeps the camera steady enough so that you don't need to up the ISO. As I am still in the process of figuring out my equipment list for my birding photography, the bushhawk will be an important part in the consideration. Thanks for taking the time to post your impressions and reviews as always. Keep up the strong work Wacky Roger!

- Hung
Royce a big Hi to YA!!!. It is a good thing it is working with out me having to adjust the ISO thingie since I don't even know what that is much less how to do it. If you get a BushHawk consider the refle strap change I made it for me really makes a difference. Thank you for such kind words and for looking.

TOTALLY WACKY roger