Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 30, 2003, 5:14 PM   #1

Default How does one ATTACH a photo to this forum????

I have some nice shots, but I haven't figured out how to submit them. I do not have a website. Please help me if you can.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2003, 12:32 AM   #2

There are several photo sites out there that are free. You can join one of them and then upload your photos to them. Once you have done that, then you can either provide a link to a photo (some sites only allow you to do that) or use the image tags to insert the photo directly into your posting.
I use fotopic.net - It is free and gives you 250MB of space for photos. It is very easy to use as far as uploading photos and gives you lots of different choices on how you want your photo gallery to appear. My gallery is in my signature so you can have a look. You would probably want to post questions in the newbie forum or general Q&A forum. Since you posted it here I'll post as close to a wildlife pic as I can. I've been having a really hard time lately getting any useful shots. I took this one the other day at the beach. I know, I know, seagulls are not the most interesting of birds, but hey, they are wildlife.

I inserted this pic by putting its address in between the image tags.
Hope this helps
jazcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2003, 9:07 AM   #3

jazcan

But I still like the picture, boring seagulls or not. I like how they are at slightly different hights and they are very sharp and clear.

Streets

Many ISPs offer you a small amount of space when you subscribe. You could your provider about it. I know that AT&T and also Comcast offer 10MB of space when you get a cable modem. You have to call them to activate it, but its there and I am paying for it.

To extend on what jazcan said, once you upload your pictures to a specific location, you then have to put some special text into your post to get the image to appear. What you put is:
Code:
[img]http://address.of.site/path/to/picture/image.jpg[/img]
I had to do something special to prevent this web site from trying to turn it into a picture. Ignore that it is indented weirdly. If I hadn't done it, it would have looked to the computer "address.of.site" and tried to find the picture "/path/to/picture/image.jpg" to display. If you want to learn more about what codes you can put into your message, look a little below the text entry box and to the left. It should say something like:
Options
HTML is ON
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON

Notice how "BBCode" is a link? Click on it. It will open a new window which describes all the codes you can put into the text to do things. Like bold or italics or underline or even change the color to red.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2003, 8:44 PM   #4

OK, I've tried everything I can think of. Can someone point me in the right direction? I thought I'd followed the directions, but can't get a pic to post in my message. Here's the link:

http://norm-goings.fotopic.net/photo...&id=891337

and here's a direct link to the pic at its full size:

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=891337...&nostamp=1

Here's the attempt at getting it to show up here:

[img]http://images.fotopic.net/?id=891337&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp =1[img]

and here's the attempt with the original link:

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

OK, last try:

Norm66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2003, 8:57 PM   #5

O.K. I followed your first link- right clicked on the photo and selected properties. I then highlighted the address and selected copy. I came back here, clicked on the Img button then right clicked and selected paste. I then clicked on the img button again. As you can see, it worked
You wouldn't want to post the full size image- It is way too big for the forum. You cannot put the address of your photo page with the pic- you have to right click on the sized photo and select properties. That shows you the address of where the sized photo is stored so that you can directly link to it.

Hope this helps!
Old Aug 1, 2003, 6:01 AM   #6

Jazzcan, thanks a million! I swear I did the same thing but here goes again...

Turns out I had inappropriate boxes checked. Thanks again for the help, I've got it!
Norm66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2003, 5:56 AM   #7

Just had to try it and see if it worked for me.
Great , thanks Jazcan.
This poor creature was bought to Epping Forest Hawk and Owl sanctuary after being hit by a car.
If it was not for this sanctuary this beautiful creature would now be dead.
David Elson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2003, 6:48 AM   #8
kex

@David:
Is this photo somehow manipulated? It looks like the child and the Owl have been set onto that background, and the owl also has a shine outside.
Or how did you do that?
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2003, 2:41 PM   #9

Kex,
If I had to guess what David did. I suspect that he used the lasso around the subjects then used guassian blur on the background. Might have used the smudge tool to blend.
But that's only a guess
Old Aug 4, 2003, 1:45 AM   #10

Jazcan is right. The back ground was far too fussy. The trouble with digital cameras is the great depth of field. The picture of the owl is from my web site and I have used the same method on other pictures where I have wished to make the subject stand out from the background. I know it is not a straight wild life shot but I just wanted to see if I could place a picture on the board. And thanks to Jazcan I can. Thanks.
David Elson is offline   Reply With Quote