Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jun 21, 2007, 6:26 PM   #1

so, i was standing out on my deck, looking across the yard, and i noticed the branches in my cherry tree moving. i wondered what it was, so i walked a little closer, and spotted this little lady having herself a snack. she didn't seem perturbed, so i went inside and got the FZ20. light was about gone, and the tree was in the shade, so most of these were taken at really slow shutter speeds, and the FZ20 shows some noise at ISO 200... if'n i'd had the Canon, i coulda jacked the ISO and gotten some better shots. still, these didn't come out too badly under the circumstances...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2007, 8:10 PM   #2

You got me laughing. We had a racoon in our garage for two days. Silly thing wouldn't come out and we came and went numerous times.(We always shut the door whenever we pull our vehicles in and aren't outside). Finally....after we camped out in the Jeep till 1am in the morning trying to catch whatever it was in the act of going to the bathroom etc....he/she went out the door and up the tree.

Thanks for the laugh and the remberance..

Mandy
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 10:53 PM   #3

Not sure what is wrong with those photos, they look great to me.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:51 PM   #4

You really got the little bandit dead to rights. That first pose is priceless, and she's really got that worried look by the time you got to the last one. Not sure you would want to do anything different. Way to go!
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 1:35 PM   #5

Nice capture, I like your new friend.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 9:56 PM   #6

I think these shots are just fine, and you did the most important thing - you froze those moments in time.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 11:04 AM   #7

Squirl. Great shots. Shows just how good the FZ is. Personally, I don't mind some noise or grain in shots. The detail is still there, and the noise doesn't detract from the IQ at all. Some grain can enhance some photos.

How's the repair job on your 30d and lens coming? Hope it isn't too long a wait for you.....cheers..Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 11:50 AM   #8

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Squirl. Great shots. Shows just how good the FZ is. Personally, I don't mind some noise or grain in shots. The detail is still there, and the noise doesn't detract from the IQ at all. Some grain can enhance some photos.

How's the repair job on your 30d and lens coming? Hope it isn't too long a wait for you.....cheers..Don
thanks, Don...

unfortunately, the damage to the 30D was extensive, and the cost to repair was not that much less than buying a new one, so i simply replaced it. my new one should be here Wednesday. i already have the lens back from Sigma, looking good as new... now i just need a body to test i with!:G
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 4:45 PM   #9

penolta wrote:
Quote:
You really got the little bandit dead to rights. That first pose is priceless, and she's really got that worried look by the time you got to the last one. Not sure you would want to do anything different. Way to go!
What a hoot! Those two (Nos 1& 4) have got to be my all-time favorite photographs. Every time I come back to this thread I burst out laughing. I even think about them in the middle of the night and chuckle.

Thanks for posting them.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote