Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 1, 2007, 11:50 PM   #1

I've been watching the local ducks at Hedden Park for nearly a month now - I've grown quite fond of them. Here is a photo of gangly adolescents going for a swim with mom...

Fuji S6000fd, ISO 100, 1/150s, RAW, cropped about 10% from the edges.

flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:30 AM   #2

nice photo, i guess its a reminder of a typical of scene all over, at our local pond we have mums teaching their chicks to swim and feed, we can all share your thoughts and photo with you,thanks
bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 4:12 AM   #3

Whether the ducks are ugly is controversial but theframing and detailsare evidently beautiful. Plain but substantial in context, like a family having an outing. Feeling sweet is the ultimate sensation.
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:31 PM   #4

I use the term "The ugly ducklings" both as a nod to the wonderful story penned by Hans Christian Andersen and to note that these adolescents are at the stage we seldom think about regarding ducks... neither the cute little fuzzy babies nor the pretty adults, they are in a state of evolution.

The photo itself, as the both of you have picked up on, is pretty devoid of any photographic skill or art. It is merely pastoral; it's intent is to be nice, and that's about it.

I find it interesting - and a tad ironic - that 2 of the most artistic members of this forum have decided to comment on this photo.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 1:09 AM   #5

beautiful shot. it's like a formation of blue angels. you did a good job keep all of the ducks in focus which can be tough since they are not all equal distance from you.

- hung
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 7:52 AM   #6

Quote:
beautiful shot. it's like a formation of blue angels. you did a good job keep all of the ducks in focus which can be tough since they are not all equal distance from you. - hung
Thank you, sir. I merely stationed myself at a spot where I anticipated the ducks would be, and tracked them thru the evf. You made me smile with the Blue Angels comparison! :-)
Old Jul 3, 2007, 9:49 AM   #7

The ducks are beautiful in their convoy and it looks like a decisive moment that you chose to get them.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote